I Am Not Undying

So, here you are. In a dark room with nothing but yourself, a Blue-haired self-proclaimed goddess, and a very comfortable chair.

You took a quick look around and saw nothing. An endless void surrounded you on all sights, the small area you and the girl are in are the only source of light.

You turned to the girl as she breathed in, before she spoke, "Y/n L/n, sadly your life has ended. While short, your actions will go on to have a great effect on the world."

You tilted your head, confused. "What actions? I can't really remember, sorry."

The girl huffed out, and brought up a screen, showing you on the screen.

"These are your final moments in life, what you do here has changed the date of very important people." The girl explained. "It may zoom in for you, since it is your life. Sort of like VR, except you can't interact with the world."

The screen revolved around you, and soon you were standing in the middle of the street, watching a (height) teenager walking on the sidewalk. Said teen was wearing a white jacket, unzipped to reveal a f/c shirt, blue jeans and some sneakers. You found yourself in front of the teen, revealing their face. Their eyes opened as they continued walking, revealing their e/c eyes and h/l h/c hair.

You watched yourself walk into a diner, which had a few small families sitting around enjoy themselves.

Your copy ordered their meal, and sat at a table. They say their for a while, before receiving and paying for the meal. When they received their food they handed the waiter a few extra dollars as a tip, nothing to big but generous.

"Thank you sir, enjoy your meal!" The waiter began to walk away.

"You too!" The clone dug into their food immediately, after their comment.

They received a plate with a large helping of your favorite breakfast food.

Pancakes.

This was the only diner that could make them taste like your grandmothers, which is why you came here every few weeks.

The sight of the pancakes drizzled in maple syrup made your mouth water as you watched them eat.

After a long, very antagonizing twenty minutes watching yourself eat, they left another tip on the table, under the plate and began to walk out of the restaurant when a few obviously drunk men walk in.

Watching yourself accidentally bump into their shoulder and cringing in on himself, "Sorry sir."

The man stopped and grinned widely before throwing his arm over your shoulder, "It's alright kid, you didn't mean any harm!" The man patted your back as you kept going.

You could hear them conversing as you kept going, "What a nice kid."

As you exited the building you saw a cat on the road, and you knew what was about to happen.

Soon enough, a truck rolled around the corner, and was on a collision course with the cat, and being the idiot you are, immediately ran to help the cat.

As you leaned over to give the cat a shove, it jumped away, out away from the truck and turned back to you.

"I really hate ca-"

Your clone was cut off by the truck.

The video pulled away, and you saw the girl in front of you laughing at your death, which granted was kind of funny, but you had one last question. "Miss goddess, how did my actions cause a large change in fate?"

The lady stopped laughing soon after and answered, "If you didn't put the drunk man in a good mood, that diner wouldn't be standing right now, they would have accidentally started a fire while yelling at the waitress and it would have quickly blocked the door, keeping everyone inside. Those children are quite important in some of the higher-ups plans."

You nodded slowly, glad you saved a few kids, but still mad at the cat.

"What now? Heaven? Hell? Purgatory? Memes?"

"It depends on what you want, really. Even though you didn't do much in your life, you still did the gods a solid by helping those kids, albeit unintentionally, so you can  go to heaven." The goddess leaned in, conspiratorially, "Although, heaven isn't as good as you mortals think. You just lay around all day in the sun with your ancestors. You don't even have an actual body, so you can't do anything sexual either."

You leaned away from her, the girl being to close for comfort, "any other options?"

She quickly walks back to her chair,"you can be re-incarnated, but you won't keep your memories and everything about you will be swapped around randomly. You may not even be a guy in your next life." The girl said shrugging.

"Why do I feel like your trying to steer me towards a third option?"

The girl jumped up, "IM GLAD YOU ASKED! In another world that is much like a video game, their is a Demon King who is terrorizing the land! Killing and pillaging... And more killing!" A light shines from above, "So I, the Goddess Aqua, am granting you an ability of your choice to take to a new world to fight this Demon King! We really only let the souls of those destined for heaven this option, since they need to be trusted not to use their power for evil, so count yourself lucky."

The girl, now known as Aqua, finished her spiel, and you watched on, slightly amused by her antics.

"Okay then, I'll go with that option then." You smiled lightly, trying to hurry along with the best option that would get you out of here.

Aqua hands you a large, heavy book, "Now then, choose something to take, keep in mind that this book is just an outline. And also, please hurry, I do have a lot more souls ago guide after you." Aqua starts to watch the screens examining the souls of those who have died.

You start thinking to yourself about the multitudes of powers you could take, not even eyeing the book.

'I could take any power from any media I've ever watched like Hamon... wait that would work best on undead and it's a Demon King. Hamon also requires a lot of training. Maybe Sans' magic? No that works best on sinners, so if I had to fight anyone who had never sinned before I would be at a massive disadvantage. A Stand? Nah, not having enough fighting spirit would kill me, and all of the stands I would want probably require quite a bit. I don't know anything about Touhou, even if the powers are really cool... God this is difficult. Why couldn't I just copy things like... Oh!'

"Miss Aqua, I'm ready to choose!" You shouted excitedly.

Aqua turns to you before saying, "Wait a second, come watch this with me, I read the description of this guys death, and it sounds great."

You looked to the screen to see a brown haired man walking down a street, near a girl.

Soon a tractor comes driving up slowly, and the boy shoves the girl before falling to the ground. Soon he gets picked up by an ambulance, literally everyone is laughing at the boys death including his family. Which you would actually tear up about, if you yourself were not laughing.

It took about half an hour before the two of you calmed down, lord are you glad that you waited so long thinking.

"Okay... Okay... I'm done... Heh... Now I'm done. What power did you want?"

Right, back to business, "I want the powers of Player, from UnderPlayer."

Aqua blinks owlishly at you, before typing some things into a weird key board and skimming a screen that showed a wiki on Player that had some really nice fan-art at the top.

"Teleportation... Creation... Clones... Blah blah blah, Okay, granted."

A blue circle appeared under you, and you floated into the air slowly. "Thank you Aqua-sama! No offense, but I hope we don't meet like this again!"

Aqua nodded, "Good Luck... OH! If you kill the Demon King you get a wish from the gods!"

You turned your eyes to the sky, and smiled to yourself, knowing that the goddess below you didn't read the Terms of Service of the pure bs she unleashed on the world.