Chapter 50

*It's hard to wake up from a nightmare when you aren't even asleep*

*Leah's Pov*

I was walking around this dark room, with black walls, flat ceiling, and no light source anywhere.

I couldn't see a thing.

A shiver was sent down my spine as cold air suddenly came over me. I didn't move; I couldn't move.

My mind couldn't comprehend what was happening or where I could be.

I heard footsteps behind me and I looked towards Wanda and Pietro who were walking out of the shadows.

"Pietro? Wanda?" I said, them staring at me motionless.
"You betrayed us," Wanda replied coldly.
"I- I'm so sorry, you know I'm just trying to do the right thing," I answered her, my throat going dry.
"Doing the right thing? We were your family, your friends. But, not anymore.

I stood their in shock, the one emotion that was slicing through my body. I felt broken, at the harsh words that was shot at me.

The two twins started walking towards me slowly, Wanda preparing her powers. They were about to hurt me. I tried to use mine as defense, but it wouldn't work, nothing was happening.

I stumbled to the floor, tears threatening to come out.

"We, are now, going to give you what you deserve, Leah," They both commented in unison.

Fear and panic penetrated my soul, salty tears pouring down my cheeks. I brought my knees up to my chest, resting my head on top of them, ready for my life to end.

I would never of expected the people to end my life, were the few people I cared for the most.

Only a second ago, I had one thought: asking myself where I was. But now? Thoughts and feeling flooded my head, tearing my mind into a million pieces.

I felt myself tensing up. I let out an agonising scream; not a physically painful one, but a mentally painful one.

As a child, I've always wanted to complete all my goals in life, make friends. Have a real family. I have now realised that, I cannot have everything I want in life. The pain I was feeling, was giving giving me new views, new beliefs on what I think is right and what's wrong.

"Wake up." Pietro's voice flown through me.
"Your time is done here," Wanda added.

* * *

"Leah, wake up," a calm voice said, shaking me gently. I slowly opened my eyes, to the sun shining through the front window of the Quinjet.

"Hey, you okay?" I turned to see Clint sitting next to me in the quinjets pilot seat.
"Yeah, yeah. Thanks for um waking me up," I answered him, slowly sitting up properly.

"Ready to see the kids?" He asked, smirking at me.

My eyes lit up, forgetting that we were going to his home, for a safe house. It was only for a little while, just so me and the team could get ourselves together again.

"Never been more ready!"

Word Count:497
Just a short chapter since I haven't published in two days. I apologise about that. Please remember to vote! Also comment, I know I ask all the time but I like reading comments.
Kiwi ~🥝