-ˋ 32

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH IT'S UNBREAKABLE

. . .

Like many days, Tiger ended up falling asleep beside James, following their trip to the kitchens and explaining to the others what was going on. Sirius and Lily had appeared to be particularily upset, but it was Remus who surprised them with his actions, having to be stopped from leaving the Gryffindor common room and finding Leo to talk some sense into him.

Peter and Lydia seemed generally mystified by the entire thing - why exactly was Leo telling people of authority ( namedly Dumbledore ) about what had happened, when he had the chance of getting off scot-free due to Tiger's resolution to just forget everything. 

Marlene had appeared rather taken aback by it. She had met Mr and Mrs Buckley when Leo and her began to date, and they had seemed totally normal, and Leo seemed to love them rather a lot. It didn't make sense that he was suddenly telling Dumbledore the awful things they had done.

It seemed to be no surprise to Tiger when she shot up in the middle of the night, covered in sweat and mind racing, one of the rare nightmares making an appearance. They often came back when the Howell girl's mind was completely taken over by reminders of the horror she had gone through before she was expelled. Even though Leo was very much alive, he still managed to haunt her. 

James Potter was usually quite the heavy sleeper, but with the feeling of Tiger moving so suddenly it woke him with a start, taking a moment to realise what was going on before sitting up as well, arm naturally finding his way around the girl. 

"Hey, hey - you're alright." He began, spare hand reaching for his glasses from the bedside table, very almost knocking the cup of water off of it. His fingers enclosed around them, and he quickly pushed them on, the blurred room becoming clear, twinged blue in the moonlight. 

"Was it another nightmare?" James asked, being able to properly see Tiger's shaking form, tears trickling down her cheeks, heaving breaths caused by the confused and hurt sobs. She nodded, and with a sigh James pulled her closer to him, head resting just by his heart, only a thin layer of the familiar Gryffindor scarlet material between. 

It had taken a while to console her, but after she had managed to calm down, Tiger fell asleep quickly, even more tired from the incident. That next morning, she seemed to have forgotten about it - James didn't mention it, knowing she would be upset that they had returned.

When they had finished breakfast, the Potter boy making sure that his girlfriend got what would be the best croissants from the platter, a cup of coffee beside her plate. 

"Mr Potter, Miss Howell, Professor Dumbledore requires you in his office." McGonagall had approached, watching as the teens glanced at each other, eyes widening and mouths moving quickly as they muttered to each other, the teacher's sharp hearing picking up something about their first lesson. "I'm sure Professor Slughorn will understand."

"Thank you Minnie." James smiled at that, jumping out of his seat with his usual energy - the Transfiguration teacher smiling at this sense of normality between the teens. "Come on Twigs, let's sort this out." 

When they arrived at the office, they were rather surprised to find Leo, who was joined by his parents. Mrs Buckley's eyes flashed in surprise at seeing Tiger, who inched closer to James as her concerned gaze drifted across to Dumbledore, a flicker of movement in the other corner indicating someone else. 

The two teens were even more surprised to find Fleamont and Euphemia stood in front of them, greeting them with hugs and apologies for not letting them know they would be coming as they had only found out their presence was needed late the night before.

"Miss Howell, I - er - found it rather hard to contact either of your parents. However, it seems that your father has returned to America along with your little sister." Dumbledore looked rrather awkward as he told her. "Which is why Mr and Mrs Potter are here, they are your last recorded guardians."

"Is Tilly alright?" Tiger's eyes held almost no emotion, other than utter surprise and concern for her younger sister. Dumbledore nodded.

"Quite." He confirmed, before waving his wand and a variety of chairs appeared. "Please, take a seat. I'm sure you know how important this matter is, which is why I insisted on this meeting taking place instantly." 

The meeting was a blur, Tiger and Leo confirming everything in each others' stories, although they refused to even glance at each other. Mr and Mrs Buckley didn't have a lot to say, and they held their breath and Dumbledore turned to Tiger.

"It was your wish that none of this goes above what it needs to? You simply want to forget the matter ever happened?" Dumbledore confirmed, and Tiger nodding, knowing he had heard her words towards Leo the night before. "Well, as Miss Howell seems to wish for this matter to be over, I can only ask for one thing. An Unbreakable Vow." 

Dumbledore explained the terms, a vow between Tiger and each of the Buckleys that they couldn't harm her in anyway. Leo wasn't included, per Tiger's request, but she had to sit through it, watching as Dumbledore cast the spell to confirm the promise.

And it seemed just like that, the nightmare of the Buckleys in Tiger's life was over.