Pietro Maximoff x Reader - Race

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Oh thank God." Clint mumbled as soon as he saw me.
"You're here." He wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him back awkwardly.

"What's going on, buddy?" I asked.
"I just got a call saying that I was needed. Nothing specific was mentioned." We moved towards the elevator and Clint sighed heavily. He looked exhausted.

"You remember the twins? Wanda and Pietro?" He asked and I nodded. I had been briefly introduced to the pair and told about their powers, but it really was a short interaction. I didn't even get to say who I was, before I was being dragged away by Fury for my next mission.
"If you remember, Pietro is fast... maybe faster than you." I scoffed.

"Unlikely." I mumbled.
"I know about their powers, but what does it have to do with me? Just because mine and Pietro's abilities are similar-"

"Tony dared him to drink a lethal amount of coffee and he hasn't slowed down for hours." Clint deadpanned.
"Not even Wanda can get him to stop for more than a few seconds. At least you'll be able to keep up with him, maybe you can convince him to stop." The elevator dinged as it opened and I looked around the messy room in shock.

"How much coffee did you let him drink?" I asked as a blue blur passed me.

"Who are you? You're new. I don't know who you are. Who is she?" Pietro asked, stopping for a moment, his words too quick for anyone but me to actually understand. He looked at Clint expectantly, but the archer looked lost.

"Y/N L/N." I replied calmly and he raised an eyebrow, before he left the room.

"Can you, I don't know, stick a sedative in him?" Clint asked tiredly.

"We both know that's not going to work." I sighed.
"He just has to tire himself out." I shrugged and Pietro ran passed me again.
"Lucky for you, I know exactly how to do that."

"Y/N L/N... you work for SHIELD. But your information is classified. Top level security. Why?" Pietro asked just as quickly as last time, looking down at a Stark tech tablet.

"Because." I smirked.
"I'm the fastest human alive." His eyes widened slightly and I snatched the tablet from him, handing it to Clint.

"You're not faster than me. No one is." He glared at me and I laughed

"Fine. How about a race to settle it?" His eyes lit up at that and Clint muttered something under his breath that sounded something similar to 'God, help us'.
We spent the next few minutes plotting out an acceptable race course throughout New York City and in the process a small crowd formed.

"Y/N is gonna win, no doubt." Tony rolled his eyes.

"I don't know." Steve shrugged.
"They're both fast."

"She can't win. No one is faster than Pietro." Wanda argued.

"Ready?" I looked at the silver haired man and he nodded.
"Go." We both ran for the stairs, the world moving in slow motion around us. I took the lead as soon as we made it out of the building, moving between people and cars with ease.
We had to pick up specific things from points all over the city to show we weren't cheating. So far I had several pieces of tourist merch, including a hat, a T-shirt and a key ring, and a security badge I had taken from a guard at the museum we both had to stop at.

"Try to keep up." Pietro smirked, a drink in his hand as he ran ahead. We were more than halfway through the race and I still had several items to collect.
I refused to lose.
I caught up to Pietro at our last stop and I knew it was going to be close. My entire body hurt from pushing myself, but I was used to it.  

"Scared you're going to lose?" I asked in Russian, causing him to glare at me. We both ran back to the tower, making it upstairs and instantly dropping onto the couch.

"I win." Pietro mumbled and if I had the energy to scoff, I would've.

"You won at losing. I won the race." I muttered, ignoring his glare.

"FRIDAY?" Tony asked and I closed my eyes.

"It's a tie, boss. They both came through the door at the same nanosecond." The AI responded and I looked at Tony in disbelief.
"Although, I do believe now would be a good time to mention that it wasn't a fair race. Mr. Maximoff had drank a lot of caffeine, whereas Miss L/N had none. If they were to retake the race at a later date-" Both Pietro and I made noises of protest. Just the thought of moving made my body ache.
"-the odds would be in Miss L/N's favour."

"So... what you're saying is Y/N wins?" Tony asked.

"Yes, boss." FRIDAY replied and Pietro dropped his head back.

"I knew it!" Tony grinned and I watched as Steve handed over some cash.
"Thank you. Who's up for some shawarma?"