chap. 21

"I don't see anything strange", the female stated as she reached the top of the mountain, letting her eyes wander over the nightlife of Liyue Harbor.

Zhobgli crossed his arms, his gaze fixated on the Golden House where 'Rex Lapis' body was hidden.

(y/n) clicked her tongue and sat down on a rock, her legs dangling over the edge of the stone; not expecting an answer from the archon.

Several clouds covered the sky, as if it was about to rain. The female peeked at Zhongli, seeing him lost in thoughts.

A sigh escaped (y/n)'s lips. She was aware that the archon was intelligent and was able to predict many things, but it has already been an hour and nothing odd had happened.

Zhongli ignored her impatience, his attention still completely focused on the Golden house.

A loud thunder made him avert his gaze to the sky, which quickly started to darken. Raindrops started to fall, as the wind howled in his ears.

(y/n) furrowed her brows at the sudden change of the weather and got up from the rock, her eyes piercing through Zhongli.

She didn't even have time to say something;
deafening thundering echoed and lighting lit up the sky, as the waves of the sea grew bigger and bigger, threatening to overflow Liyue Harbor.

The female's eyes widened, her heartbeat continuously increasing as the rain intensified, making her clothes wet.

Zhongli didn't move an inch, causing (y/n) to squint her eyes, trying to understand what was happening. The sound of the massive waves even reached the peak of the mountain.

"Osial?", a small whisper escaped her lips, as she remembered the immense waves from the archon war; just then, the gigantic sea monster barged out of the ocean, towering over Liyue as its heads floated above the water.

Shivers ran down her spine as she glanced at the ancient god, raindrops running down her bare skin.

"Are you just going to stand here and watch..?", the shocked words left her mouth, earning a sigh from the archon; his eyes darting to the Jade Chamber.

She followed his gaze, recognizing familiar figures on the floating island.

"Rex Lapis is dead. Liyue in the hands of the Qixing and the Adepti now", his deep voice echoed behind her, over-toning the sounds of the roaring thunder.

(y/n) stared at the archon in disbelief and coughed, taken aback by the sudden actions.

Zhongli averted his eyes to her, his hands folded behind his back. "If you want to interfere now, think wisely. Don't make a decision you will regret, (y/n)", he said, referring to her status as a hidden goddess.

Osial looked like it was about to destroy Liyue Harbor, it's thunderous roaring echoing in her ears.

She growled and clenched her fists at the sight of Zhongli being calm and collected, while his own land was being destroyed by an ancient god.

With a glare, she made her decision; she quickly shook her head and slightly flinched at the sight of the gigantic sea monster, remembering the brutal memories of the archon war.

Her human form didn't allow her to just jump off the mountain to reach Liyue Harbor as fast as possible; causing her to scowl and run down the stairs again, ignoring Zhongli's piercing gaze.