Kaeya | Warmth

"Kaeyaa! Walk a bit slower, please. I wasn't blessed with long legs like you, you know."

Said male halts near a secluded campsite and plops down onto the snow with ease. He props up a leg and slings an arm over it, gazing at you with a small smirk etched on his face.

"Take your time," he says, amusement laced in his voice.

This guy... it's evident he's teasing you right now—not that you mind much, of course. His light remarks, followed by his infamous smirk, always seem to make you feel warm despite the exceedingly freezing temperature in this area.

Although you don't generally go to Dragonspine unless it's to find some chests or complete commissions, you don't mind the cold place overall. With Kaeya's company for today, it's certainly more manageable.

"If only Amber was here..." You heave a sigh, staring at the flickering fire that's threatening to burn out at any minute.

The brunette was initially supposed to accompany you and Kaeya, but she had "matters to attend to" and left shortly after, leaving you to be with the cryo user himself.

"Wanting the fire so soon?" Kaeya asks, eye focused on your shivering body. He didn't show it, but he has been keeping a keen eye on you throughout the entire trip.

You're capable of anything, he knows that. But to say he's worried about you is an understatement; Dragonspine can get colder than usual at times, and today happened to be that day.

The longer his eye is lingering on your trembling body, the more anxious he is getting. Perhaps he should've left you back in Mondstadt. His desire to be with you, to simply see you, took over his rationality.

"Ah, the silly things we can do for someone we love..." he murmurs unconsciously.

"What—"

"Let's take a quick break here," the navy blue-haired male interrupts promptly, patting the space beside him.

You oblige, choosing to disregard his odd mumbling. Even if you were to question him about it, he would just brush you off, anyhow.

The two of you sit in pure silence, him flicking his coin repeatedly while you're looking at the only subject of interest (aside from Kaeya): the fire. Your focus isn't on the flames themselves though, even if you're trying your hardest to get your mind off of the sheer cold.

"Still can't handle the cold?"

"Not q-quite..." You wrap your arms around your legs, burying your cold face into your knees, and shift your attention to steadying your breathing.

Wordlessly, Kaeya nudges your shoulder and points at the space in between his outstretched legs. Without hesitation, you situate yourself in front of him as a chuckle escapes his lips. If you weren't put in such a cold situation, you would've pondered over his offer for a while longer.

After all, the thought of being so close to your crush is immensely nerve-wracking.

"Don't be shy..." he murmurs and pulls you against his chest, wrapping his arms around you tightly, "I don't bite, you know."

-♡-

Kaeya, thank you for existing.