3

Damaged people are dangerous. They know how to make hell feel like home.

- Unknown
-

"Aris, I would like you to meet our new student, Edward Cullen." Ms. Holmes beamed as the boy approached.

'No fucking way' Aris though to herself, unable to suppress the disgusted grimace that made its way onto her face.

"It's nice to meet you Aris." Edward smiled innocently, extending his hand.

Aris took his stone hard hand in hers reluctantly, and as their skin touched, she saw something unrecognizable flash in his eyes.

Aris considered that maybe he didn't remember her, though she knew that wasn't the case since vampires were physically unable to forget anything.

Once again, Edward found himself questioning if Aris was human or not. Her skin was cold and hard, though not nearly as cold or hard as a vampires.

The two silently made their way towards the empty two seater desk that Aris was previously sitting at, the both of them wondering how they could have such poor luck.

"I believe we've met before." Edward noted, sitting in the chair on the inside of the desk.

"Unfortunately." Aris grumbled, taking the other seat.

"So, Aris, you wanna introduce us to your new friend." Benjamin smirked from the desk behind them.

Aris swiftly turned around in her seat, sending him a glare which he shrunk away from.

"Sure," she spat, "this is Edward Cullen." She motioned to the boy sitting beside her, and he gave them a smile and wave.

Though they were dating, Benjamin and Oliver were mesmerized by Edwards beauty like every human on the face of the earth.

Edward and Aris turned back towards the front, and only a moment later, Ms. Holmes started the lecture.

Aris and Edward said nothing to each other throughout the remainder of the lesson. Edward desperately craved to know what was going on in her mind as she kept the same, repulsed facial expression throughout the lesson.

He noticed how her chair was angled away from him and that she was also pivoted so her body was angled that way as well. He assumed that this was because of how abnormally rude he was two weeks ago at Tanya's party, but for some odd reason, he felt that the feeling was mutual. He disliked this girl just as much as she disliked him, though her reasoning was much more justified than his, since his hatred all came back to mistakes that he made in the first place, aka Bella Swan.

He hated how his "fresh start" was anything but that. His "fresh start" entailed sitting next to someone that reminded him so greatly of the mistake he was trying to start over from.

Aris's mood never once lifted throughout the lesson. Her blood still boiled from the memory of that night, and sitting next to Edward just infused the flame even more. She considered that she may have been overreacting a tad, but then again, she held vampires to a higher standard than she did humans.

Of course she didn't know exactly how long Edward had been around, but she presumed that it had to have been long enough to know what simple manners were.