Ideas...

TW: Mention of rules

Davey POV
Last day until a three day weekend. You can do this. I thought determinedly as Sarah and I walked to the picnic table. We sat down with the rest of the gang, ignoring the hate filled glares directed at us.

"Anyone come up with any ideas?" Katherine asked. Everyone shook their heads dejectedly. The mood of the group had definitely dwindled throughout the week, although that was to be expected.

"Do we want to talk about anything else?" Crutchie questioned the group.

"I think we all want some silence right now," Spot answered softly, most of the gangs heads nodding in agreement.

So we have no ideas and now no motivation to do anything. And I can almost see everyone's mental health declining. I thought ruefully. These rules were already taking a toll on us. Before we knew it the bell rang, and our group silently moved to go to classes.

Albert POV
I got up and waited for Finch to follow. We had class together, so of course we would walk together.

"Hopefully today is just a work-session," Finch grumbled. I nodded.

"If it is do you want to, I don't know, bounce ideas off each other?" I asked. Finch shrugged, then added a nod onto it. We walked into class and waited for the teacher to start.

"Okay class! Today is a work-session, make sure to work on your project or school related things if you are done with it!" And with that she let us loose. Finch and I worked separately on our projects for a few minutes before turning to each other.

"So what were you thinking so far?" I asked.

"I was thinking about finding a LGBTQIADP+ friendly group of sorts to help us." Finch suggested.

"That's actually a pretty good idea." I agreed. "Although, I don't know how much Pulitzer would listen to a LGBTQIADP+ group." I added. We thought for a moment, before Finch's face lit up.

"Wait. What if we didn't do a LGBTQIADP+ group?" He said.

"Go on,"

"Hear me out. What if, instead, we went to the news station. Reported what is happening. The local news alone deals with many different people, so they aren't likely to be LGBTQIADP+phobic." He pitched.

"That could work! And we could all write letters and send them in, explaining what the situation means to us!" I added excitedly.

"Here, I'll write this down." Finch opened a new doc on his computer and started furiously typing our idea.

"We could find the other LGBTQIADP+ members in the school and get them to write letters too, and that would be enough people to at least get them to look into it." I continued. This could work. This could work. This coULD ACTUALLY WORK! I thought excitedly.

"We could even send in pictures of things that have been happening around school! Oh my god, this could actually work!" Finch practically squealed, excitement seeping into his voice.

"We HAVE to tell the other guys about this at lunch." I said, to which Finch nodded his head aggressively. We continued to add ideas onto this, although we didn't have any other major breakthroughs. The class zipped by, and the next one seemed to do so as well.

Soon, Finch and I were practically sprinting to the cafeteria. We made it there much earlier than the rest of the gang, who trickled in little by little. I was bouncing in my seat a little I was so excited. Even just the idea will help them so much! I know how much of a toll this is taking on everyone, especially the couples and Finch and Romeo. I thought, the idea of helping my friends making me even happier. Hours later (really only minutes), the gang was all here.

"Albert, Finch. You both look extremely excited." Race commented.

"Care to tell why?" Specs added.

"Well," Finch started. "In math class today Albert and I had basically a free-period. We decided to think of more idea's around the whole 'rules' situation."

"So we talked a little and finally came up with an idea. One we hadn't thought of before. And it might actually have a chance of working."