Vide 3 -short-

After that horrible day, I sat at home, cuddled up in my blankets and trembling.

Outside, the sound of thunder rumbled through the skies, and the nearby clock showed that it was nearly 11pm.

I was too scared to sleep.

Sleep had become a privilege. Only the truly calm and rested got a good 7 hours a night.

I was lucky if I even got 5 at night.

I pulled at the blankets, wishing it could just engulf me, and just take me away.

Somewhere far away from this fucking sick city.

My tv was on but it was muted.

The news was on showing a fake happiness. It tried to expose the city as if it was the most ideal peaceful city in the world.

As if nothing ever bad happened here.

What a bunch of pathetic liars.

They enslaved and killed the poor supernaturals. While forcing humans to over look it as if it was nothing.

I wish.. I wish I could do something,

But I was a pathetic scared fool. Worried over my own safety and my own well being.

Tears poured down my cheeks as I let out a sob.

Laying down, I could still see the poor werewolfs face, the almost pure exhaustion in his eyes.

The eyes of something that just wanted to give up.

And I hadn't been able to help him.

I cried into my pillow that night. Cried long and hard for every supernatural. For every species that had to suffer like this.

I don't know when I fell asleep but it must have been around 1 or 2 am. All I do know is the next thing I know I'm being lifted off the bed.

At first it felt like a hazy dream. As if something monstrous had taken me in their arms.

Rocking me back and forth as they muttered something in my ear.

Then I felt something like cold air. Making my body shiver as I finally opened my eyes.

Looking up to see something that had no eyes looked back at me.

And that was when I screamed. And when everything truly began.