boundless

Bitter January weeks pass without issue. There's no activity from the Replicator, Spencer's eye bags revert to their usual state, and Aaron and Juliette manage to set up ice cream dates with Jack every weekend they have off.

Gossip around the team's at an all time high, placing bets on how long the two have been together after Morgan watches them both exit Hotch's room during a case. It's not that the couple has been specifically sneaking around, but no one's asked them directly, and they don't think it's necessary to bring it up.

Though Aaron and Juliette have enjoyed sleeping in the arms of the other and the occasional PG-13 kissing session, sex hasn't even been mentioned. Maybe they're taking it too slow, but it's just never felt like the right time.

Returning from a case Friday morning, Juliette and Aaron hurriedly finish their case reports before parting ways to prepare for their trip. Packing her bag with sweaters and jeans instead of pantsuits feels odd to Juliette, it's been years since she went on a trip that's not for work, but she brushes the feeling off on the drive to Aaron's.

Jack attaches himself to her hip as soon as he opens the door to the apartment, showing her his new lego set as Aaron finishes his own packing. From holding Jack's hand as they walk through Washington Union Station to leaning her head on Aaron's shoulder on the train, Juliette chest flutters at the pure love she feels for them.

She loves Aaron. It's a realization she doesn't even register until she's saying goodnight to Jack in their hotel suite, cuddling against Aaron with a book in one hand and his in the other. In hindsight it's obvious, how could she be this close with someone and not love them? It still hits her like a truck.

Yet, she doesn't panic. She feels secure loving him, she's happy. Maybe she would've started to panic if she was left in her mind for longer, but Aaron's leaning off of the bed and digging for something in his backpack.

To Juliette's surprise, he pulls out a small gift wrapped box, setting it on the bed between them. "I know you said you don't celebrate your birthday, but I couldn't help it."

She was hoping she could ignore the fact that her birthday's in a week, even swearing Garcia to secrecy, but apparently Aaron and his personnel files had different ideas. Still, she can't not be grateful. "I- Thank you."

With a nod, and a cheeky smile, from him, she carefully tears away the tape and opens the box to a thin gold bracelet. A bar across the middle reads boundless, and though Juliette immediately understands the reference, Aaron says, "It's from the Romeo and Juliet quote."

My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.

Though neither of them say it out loud, Juliette knows it, he loves her too. It's the perfect quote, and she can't help but tear up. "It's beautiful. I love it, Romeo."

She connects their lips with a softness that's reserved for raw intimacy, putting her full trust into him. Separating, she holds out her arm and allows him to fasten the bracelet onto her wrist, the gold that now hangs on her neck and her arm a reminder of just how lucky she is.

x

On Saturday, Juliette takes them to her favorite bagel shop in Manhattan before following Jack to all every toy shop he sees, Aaron allowing it in the hopes it will keep him still for the entire musical.

And it does, because Jack stays focused on the show for the entire two hours, but he's too tired to walk back their hotel, and Aaron's forced to carry him. Tucking him in, Aaron joins Juliette in their bed with a smile, because how could life get any better than this?