⚜ Chapter Thirty-Seven: Erase ⚜

<< Even when I erase everything, why is there still this pit that remains? >>

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"My overseer?" Vincent echoed. "The old man? He's the other supporter?"

Norman nodded. "He found out about the message we've been sending through the Rubix Cubes and approached me."

Vincent furrowed his eyebrows. "Why didn't he come to me?" he asked, almost to himself. "It would've been easier and less suspicious."

[Name] glanced up at him. "Perhaps he thought you weren't in on it?"

"No, he was the one who took my earpiece," Vincent replied. "It just doesn't make sense."

There was a sense of betrayal in his voice. It was as if he was disappointed that his overseer had come to Norman rather than him. [Name] shifted in her spot, adrenaline still pumping through her veins.

"Vincent, how long have you been here?" she questioned. The older boy glanced at her.

"About 2 or so years," he answered. "Why?"

"Well, I think it's reasonable for the scientists to assume that you were the one who orchestrated this," [Name] explained, "since you've been here the longest. You'd be the one who hated Lambda the most, and you had enough time to plan an escape. If your overseer were already under suspicion for being a supporter, it'd be even more suspicious if he came to you, the most likely person to be leading the escape. I'm also suspicious, as the sheepdog. That's why he went to Norman, not either of us."

Her senior nodded, but still, he didn't seem all too convinced. Ultimately deciding to change the subject, Vincent glanced over his shoulder.

"By the way," he said, furrowing his brows. "Why is the one with the bag over his head staring at me?"

[Name] followed his gaze to Zazie, who quickly pretended to be watching Barbara demolish the demons. She sighed knowingly, turning back to the concerned teen.

"That's Zazie," she clarified. "He's only 5, so he probably thinks you're a scientist - since you are older and you have glasses. I'm surprised he's holding himself back this much."

Vincent pushed up his glasses self-consciously. "I see."

"He's 5?" Norman echoed, reminding the two of his existence. He didn't seem bothered, more perplexed at the seemingly teenage boy. "How is he so...?"

The albino trailed off, but the other two got his message. [Name] crossed her arms.

"Experiments," she said unnecessarily. She glanced at Isaac, who was poking a demon eyeball on the ground. Her shoulders tensed as the boy attempted to put it in his mouth. "Isaac! Put that down!"

The boy jolted, dropping the eyeball and scuttling backward. [Name] exhaled, scanning over his face worriedly. "Don't eat things off of the ground," she scolded lightly. Her brows furrowed in worry. "What happened to your bandages?"

"Big thing sliced it off," Isaac explained, standing up. He touched his face self-consciously. "Sorry. Isaac will cover it."

"No, it's fine," [Name] shook her head. "You aren't hurt?"

"No," Isaac said in a small voice. "But the lady always said Isaac is ugly. So Isaac has to cover Isaac's face."

"You're not ugly," [Name] assured. "You look fine. Could you go talk to your brother? He's in a bad mood."

Isaac tilting his head at Zazie, who stubbornly kept his face turned. [Name] stared in wonder at his (e/c) irises, so much like her own. It was almost creepy.