5.10 raining cats and dogs

Y/N's pov ϟ

"It's like a winter storm." 

I gazed out of the window as I made my way down the Gryffindor tower, rain pouring outside.

"Let's be thankful that we don't have outdoor herbology today," Neville shivered as we walked down the staircase together.

"Mhm. Where are you going next?" I asked as we reached the door. I opened my umbrella nervously as I could hear the rain whipping against the window. 

"I have to go to meet Professor Flitwick," Neville grumbled as his umbrella sprung open, hitting my arm. "Oh! I'm so sorry!"

"No, you're alright," I laughed at his worried expression. "Well, I have to go to Study Hall now."

"Alright! Goodbye!"

Neville opened the door and stepped outside. He waved and gave me a small smile before running away. I returned both actions as I stared at the rain outside.

"I'm going to get so soaked," I groaned as I stepped outside, the cold wind battering against my legs. I quickly made my way towards the Great Hall as I saw Harry standing alone under an empty corridor, anxiously looking at the pouring rain.

"Harry!" I called out as he looked up.

"Y/N!"

"What are you doing alone!?" I shouted, as he ran out from under the corridor.

"I forgot my umbrella," Harry said as he ducked under my umbrella, our faces inches apart.

"Harry, I can't believe you forgot your umbrella!" I shrieked as I slapped his arm.

"It's okay! You have one!" Harry smiled sheepishly at me, raising his eyebrows.

"My umbrella is too small to hold the both of us," I laughed as I felt water drip down my shoulder. "See, your clothes are getting wet!"

"I guess we have to minimize space," Harry said mischievously as he pulled me closer to him, his arm wrapped around my waist.

I playfully rolled my eyes before wrapping my arm around his waist. "One time you're actually right."

I reached up to touch his wet hair. "You must be freezing!"

"It's okay, let's go to Study Hall!" Harry said as we quickly ran across the courtyard, attempting to avoid the deep pools of water from the rain.

"My shoes!" I yelped as I stepped into a large puddle.

"I'll buy you new ones," Harry laughed as we quickly made our way into the covered corridor, the entire right side of my body wet from the water.

"You're soaked on your left side," I laughed as pointed at Harry's shoulder.

"I guess we'll have to stick closer next time." Harry's face was upturned into a large smirk as we made our way towards the Great Hall.

"Shut up, Harry."

"Y/N! Harry!"

We whipped around to see Ron and Hermione running towards us.

"Hagrid's back!"

"What!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening. "Where is he?"

"In his hut! Let's go!" Hermione pulled us out of the corridor. Ron and Hermione opened their umbrellas as they ran out into the rain.

I quickly unfastened my umbrella and placed it over our heads. The two of us ran after Ron and Hermione as we soon reached the hut. The four of us walked over towards Hagrid's window as we peered inside.