Chapter VI: Never trust your next seat passenger

The hallways were crowded with the morning buzz of students. The discussions were deep as it was time for elections months. Elections were for third year students to get the respective post they were electing for.

The process was simple. Top two candidates best in their field got chosen automatically. Unwilling among those two can decline, passing opportunity to the next candidate. The competition starts after that. Between the two top candidates. 

The winning candidate gets to train under their respective post seniors. 

This year the competition will be getting more interesting. Cause competitors will try to win more hard. Of course the reason would be the seniors under whom those people would be trained. Who includes Gashmir Shenoy, Yuvaan Jha, Kanan Ojha, Pratyush Banerjee.

The environment around this time of year becomes quite serious while I found it entertaining. 

"Still it's such a big responsibility. Don't you think?!" Prithya, the soon to be Student Council President asks.

She was one of the candidates to be elected. 

They insisted on me becoming one but I denied. I can't work in the spotlight freely. Also, the pressure and responsibilities were on different levels. Not that I was irresponsible. However, I'll say it's not my cup of tea.

Prithya was everyone's next choice. She wasn't only excellent in studies. She has world trapping communication skills, she was friendly with everyone. She was calm, understanding. Don't forget beautiful as well. She was perfect to be our next Student Council President. 

I don't even know why they insisted on me in the first place. When they have this beauty with brains here.

"I know. But I also know that you'll do fine." I assured her. She was worrying for nothing.

She frowns, "you think so?!"

I nodded at which her face brightened with such determination.

We continued walking to our next class when Prithya's mobile pinged in her hands. "Have you participated in that intercollegiate quest?! This would be our last year to participate. Last year's students weren't allowed. You know that, right?!" She said, looking up from her mobile. 

"Uhmm!! Not yet. But I will." I told her. My mobile vibrated, signaling that I've received a message. I pocketed it out, to look if it was anything important. I supposed it wasn't as I saw the notification of a text message from an unknown number.

I was about to turn it off when another message chimed in. 

The message said 'KNEW YOU WOULD IGNORE ME. BUT WITH THIS YOU WOULDN'T DARE, RIGHT?!' 

I clicked on the attachment and there it was my photo in pajamas. No, not only pajamas. It was me in that hideous monkey cap and sunglasses and pajamas. 

I zoomed that pic and saw if I could be recognized. Relieved that my face wasn't visible I ignored the message. 

Prithya tapped on my shoulder, "anything wrong, Keya?!"

I failed to realize that I had stopped in my way. 

I shook my head in no, telling her that it wasn’t anything. We parted our ways after that as we had different lectures.

We were in the middle of the lecture when my mobile vibrated again. Knowing who it would be I ignored it yet again. I wasn't going to entertain Kanan Ojha. If he thinks he could get me, he has another thing coming for him.