Chapter Twenty Nine-The Devil's heart

Now comes the part where he's crying in his lap
They both just decided to never go back
The pain is immense but it's saving his heart
Because not staying with him would rip him apart

Here's where he decides to finish the song
The story of how it all went wrong
He starts the last verse with tears dripping off his nose
The papers all wet but here's how it goes.

..................... .................... ........................ 

He was sitting in the same position he has been in for the past three hours. His eyes fixed on the CCTV footage. Now he was even afraid to breathe in case he missed an important point. His eyes were hurting. His body needed sleep and food but that black eyed man refused to move from in front of the video that was playing.

"You've already seen it five times now, Gulf. The police looked at it too. There was no evidence there." Gun patted his shoulder. "The camera was cut off then."

"There has to be something. Something that connects this whole thing together. " Gulf looked at his friend with frustration. His eyes full of pain and anguish. "There is something I'm missing Gun. Those words, the way it was written, it was obvious that he knew me."

"The police are looking at it now.  Just try to relax and.."

"RALAX?"

Gun flinched away. His eyes looking at his friend with fear. Yes. He was afraid of his own best friend.

"You're telling me to relax? At waht BASIS? How can I relax? Tell me Atthapahan, exactly how can I relax when he..." Gulf's blinked to stop the tears threatening to fall. "He might be alone out there. Somewhere with a psycho who wants to hurt him....." He slumped down on the chair with a defeated sigh. "He must be afraid. He must be afraid Gun." 

Gun was surprised when he saw the tears brimming in his friend's eyes.

"I don't even know if he is alright. He is all alone there and I....I couldn't do a thing. I couldn't do a damn thing to protect the man I love. Tell me again. Exactly how am I supposed to relax?''

A defeated sigh left Gun's lips as he sat beside Gulf. "I know you are worried. We all are. But right now being like this won't help him Gulf."

Gulf looked at him with a hardened face. "Then exactly what should I do?"

"Be strong." matilda's voice came from the doorway making Gulf look at her. "You've to be strong for him now, Gulf." She came to stand in front of Gulf slowly caressing his cheek while looking at him with nothing but affection and sadness. "He needs you. So for his sake, control yourself. Anger  can never help anyone."

There was something in her voice. Something that makes him give in completely as he finally felt all the strength living his body. He wrapped his hand around her letting the tears fall freely.

"I...I can't lose him, Matilda. I just...I just can't. I don't know what I will do if anything happens to him."

Tears were falling from her eyes too as she slowly brushes his hair. "That's why be the Gulf Kanawut I know. The calm and collected one who can deal with any situation. He needs you Gulf. And to help him, you need to be able to be yourself."

Yes. Matilda was right. He can't act carelessly. For one week he has been going mad while searching for him in every place he can think of. But everything was turning out to be pointless. He can't eat. He doesn't remember the last time he slept. All he could focus on was Mew. His Mew. Who was somewhere alone, without him.

And he was here. Unable to do anything. He can't even look at Mew's parents fully knowing that he was the one responsible for their son's disappearance. He can't even face them. He can't stand before the mother who is now almost on verge of going insane. He can't look at the eye of the father who looks at him as if accusing him of stealing their son from them.