7. The Shiver

It was a nightmare.

     Angelina could only blame herself in this situation.

     She should've taken a closer look at the clothes the first time she had pried the suitcases open.

     She peered into the luggage again, groaning when she realised half of the things packed inside were stylish miniskirts, off-shoulder tops, and figure hugging dresses. She didn't even want to look inside the stuffed pockets of the luggage. She could see the silk and lace peaking from the slots. She knew her sister was obsessed with pretty under things. She briefly wondered where Rosie had gotten the money to support her clothing obsession.

     How the hell was she going to move around in any of these outfits without flashing her crotch or tits?

     She settled for a scarlet top with long, wispy sleeves. The hem cut off at her belly button, which was fine. She plucked a pair of Rosie's long jean skirts that had been artistically frayed at the edges. The two items were one of the more modest selections of clothing among Rosie's collection.

     She worried about the thigh slit but when she twirled and struck out a high kick, the movement carried out fairly well. She decided the skirt would be fine. At least, she could still kick ass in it.

     The moment she descended the stairs and entered the kitchen, she caught sight of Mason and Dani plating freshly made waffles. Dani spotted her first. She had to give the poor girl some credit. She was at least trying to not look awkward. "Uh, you like waffles?" The woman asked her tentatively.

     "That'll be great. Thanks." Angelina offered a small smile. They were trying. She would try too.

     Dani nodded, returning to the drawers where she plucked out a few forks and knives.

     Mason watched her closely, tipping his chin. "Come sit."

     Although she spared him a few seconds, she was gobsmacked by how handsome he looked leaning against the kitchen counter in a floral apron. There were swirling letters printed on the front of the piece that boldly stated, 'only real men rock roses.'

     She wanted to ask if that really was his but he was still watching her closely.

     There was an obvious change in him as he eventually returned to quietly setting up the rest of the table.

     She slid into the vacant seat closest to her.

     It wasn't long until she felt the floorboards beneath her socks vibrate from the incoming footfalls.

     Drake, Casper, and Riley soon filled the doorway, marching straight for the waffles like a bunch of starving children. Hands went everywhere while plates clinked noisily.

     "Hey, someone pinched my butt." Drake scowled, eyeing Riley who snatched up a napkin with a cunning smirk.

     Riley knocked her hip to his, "You were in the way."

     They quickly filled the empty seats around her, piling their plates high with the freshly cut fruit displayed artfully on a crystal platter.

     "These are epic Mason." Riley moaned, stuffing a morsel of the warm treat between her red stained lips.

     "What's the special occasion Mase? You rarely cook for us." Drake added some whipped cream to his warm pile of waffles. Instead of facing Mason, he was looking straight at Angelina with a small smirk.

     She narrowed her own gaze in return.

     "I thought we could use some of waffles today." Mason shrugged, taking the seat opposite from her.