Chapter 42

But there was no point feeling regretful now. The Captain of Team 3 immediately took action and went to find Zhang Zhiyin to propose the exchange of the stone with more crystal nucleus. 

Naturally, Zhang Zhiyin disagreed. For those ability users above Level 5, the effect of using any grade of crystal nucleus below Level 5 was no longer significant to them, besides, the crystal nucleus graded above Level 5 was expensive. In order to raise a level, many crystal nuclei were needed. It was a quality-price ratio that wasn’t suitable for many. This was also one of the reasons why Zhang Zhiyin chose to spend his money on buying the Divine Suit at the start to improve his overall attributes instead of using the crystal nucleus to raise his ability’s level.

There wasn’t any choice. The Captain of Team 3 did not want to disappoint that person, so he could only look for the new supervisor, Shang Si.

“Is that the case?” On this rare occasion, Shang Si articulated a few more words, but he immediately frowned, “Shouldn’t all items or materials of unknown origins be handed in as according to the regulations?”

He immediately summoned Zhang Zhiyin and confiscated the wood stone directly.

The rules of the front lines were slightly different from those in the base. The danger factor was greater here, so everyone had to fight together. The front line was mostly made up of different ability users sent from a different base. They were not in agreement with each other and many serious accidents occurred in the beginning. Gradually, “disobedience” had been listed as a major taboo in the front line. Each troop must ensure absolute obedience to the orders of their supervisor. They must continue to obey even if they held resentment. They must not cease work at random or provoke trouble, otherwise, the offender would be standing against everyone stationed at the front line. Like the former supervisor Mi, his issues were serious, so only the Cloud Sky Alliance could enact the punishment on him.

Moreover, the original regulations had already stated so, so Zhang Zhiyin could only obediently hand over the crystal nucleus. Furthermore, following the standard distribution, as someone who participated in the battle, he, Team 3’s Captain and their teams all had the priority to obtain the materials first. There was a possibility for him to exchange the stone back with more crystal nucleus.

But after Shang Si confiscated the wood stone, there was no further notice.

With the predecessor of the incident of Supervisor Mi, The Captain of Team 3’s first reaction was: Shang Si did not have the intention to report this matter and the wood stone to the top. He knew that Zhang Zhiyin and himself both wanted the wood stone… this behaviour was just asking for bribes. After putting on a sufficient stance, he would let Zhang Zhiyin and himself bribe him. Whoever could satisfy him more would be the one to get the wood stone.

Damn it, the Captain of Team 3 cursed. However, in order to complete the task of that man by obtaining the wood stone, he had no choice but to compromise. He chose the items he thought were valuable enough to impress the other party, and then sent it over.

But there wasn’t a wall in the world which didn’t have a crack, let alone the front lines where everyone was sure to see much of each other.

When Li Zhun and Old Zhu came back from dinner, they just happened to see the Captain of Team 3 slipping out of Shang Si’s office with a devious smile before stealthily shutting the door.

This kid must have done nothing bad, trying to sneak bribes! Li Zhun was anxious and angry. He and Old Zhu ran back to Zhang Zhiyin’s room to report to their Captain.