12. Attack

"It's the Princess," Harold Grayson turned to his left, staring at his colleague, John Allen, after raising his eyes from his phone.

"Yeah," Allen nodded. "That's an attack to Senior Members,"

"I know what it is," Grayson replied serious. "Get the Duchess, I'll go get him instead," with a nod of the head, he indicated William.

"Are we... Going to leave?"

"Of course we are, it's the protocol." the man got ready to act. "I want them both in the car and heading for BP within the next five minutes. Go."

Allen gave a nod, walking towards Kate, who was greeting the crowd. Grayson instead went to the Duke.

"Sir, we have to go." He said. "There's been a threaten, your lives are at risk. We have to go now." He whispered, close to the Prince's ear.

William turned, vaguely pale. "There's been a what?"

"I can't give you further information right now but I need you to get in the car immediately." He approached him.

"W-What?" The Prince babbled. Is- Is it my daughter? Is Victoria okay?"

"Wills what's going on?" Before the PO could reply, Kate reached her husband from behind, confused and clearly worried.

"I don't know," William rested his hand on her back.

"Your Royal Highnesses you need to get in the car right now, we can no longer guarantee your safety." Grayson urged.

"Grayson what's going on?" William squeezed Catherine's hand while around them, the crowd began to notice that something wasn't right.

"These are private information I can't give while we are in public. When you get in the car and we are going to update you about everything we know. Please, walk with us." He, together with the other security officers and a few police men, surrounded the couple.

"William," Kate sighed, grabbing his husband's hand.

"It's okay Kate," he replied as they began walking to the car.

"You think it's Vicky?" She whispered, her voice broken.

William pulled her closer. "It's okay babe,"

"Is it Victoria?" Following the non reply of her husband, she turned to the protection officers. Again, silence was the only answer.

As they got in the car, they immediately left. Sitting in the back, William held Catherine's hand as and stared at Harold Grayson.

"Earlier this afternoon, the Princess of Cambridge was walking in London and she got injured by a man. She has been taken to King Edward VII's Hospital but for the moment that's everything we know," he stated.

"SHE WAS WALKING IN LONDON?" Concern left William's eyes for a moment, and was quickly replaced by anger. "Who let her leave the house after all the threatens we've been getting, how she-"

"That's what we're trying to figure out, Sir." Grayson replied. "It's unclear for the moment."

"Was James with her?"

"He was, Sir. He has been taken to the hospital together with the Princess."

"How could have he let her out?" William gasped in disbelief, his blood boiling in his veins. "How-" he stopped, closing his eyes.

"I'm going to tell mum to get the kids home and then come and meet us at King Edward's Hospital" Kate frenetically began looking for her phone in her clutch.