CHAPTER 29

"Sir Julian all seven of the bandits have been cuffed and loaded onto the carriage. Should we move them to the tower? Sir?" asked Sir Riven, who was Julian's second in command.

"Wait. There should be eight"

"Eight?" Riven asked, confused.

Right then a scream was heard from inside the forest.

"AAAAHHH"

"That must be number eight. Wait till the Lady brings him in. We can leave after that"

The other knights started whispering among themselves. But they came to a halt seeing the look on Julian's face. 

He was glaring at them with blazing eyes. 

Riven was also looking at them with an annoyed expression.

At that moment, Angelica appeared out of the trees dragging something behind her.

"Special delivery!" she said, smiling and waving at Julian and Riven.

She was dragging an unconscious man by the leg. 

Julian put his hand to his head looking at her smiley face.

"What happened to you?" Angelica dropped the man and got near Julian.

"Does your head hurt Julian? You look a little pale"

"My lady. You didn't kill anyone........did you?" Riven asked in a weak voice

"Of course not!"

"Then what about that" Julian was pointing towards the man on the ground.

The man released a weak groan when Angelica kicked him.

"Ughh.."

"See, he's just unconscious. Wait a sec......why would think like that. Do I look like someone who would kill an unarmed person? Just what kind of person do you guys think I am?"

Julian stared into her face without saying a word, while Riven looked sideways. The other Knights evaded her eyes and acted busy.

"I feel hurt guys" Angelica pouted.

"Anyway, now that we've caught these bandits. Let's nail those Moore b*stards!"

"..."

"..."

Angelica got fired up at the thought of it. She let out an evil grin imagining the sight of the Moore's getting arrested. 

Julian and Riven looked at each other and let out a tired sigh.

The group left the forest grounds and reached the guard tower. The bandits were put in the tower jail for interrogation. Now all that was left was to report to the capital and let the imperial investigators handle them.

"Julian. Leave my name out of the report" Angelica said to Julian who was filling the report. 

Julian could instantly guess why she did not want her name on the list of arresting officials. It was because she did not want to be caught by her father for sneaking out again. 

But in this case, it was impossible since the Count already knows of the lady's involvement.

"My Lady, the Lord already knows" he answered in a plain voice

"What? How?" Angelica panicked. Her face grew pale.

"He always knew. Especially since my Lady was pacing around like her butt *Ahem* foot was on fire"

"Ugh"

"I'll leave your name out as you said. But I don't think it'll make much difference since the men will spill the beans when interrogated" Julian thought back to the gruesome crime scene.

"Tsk"

They filed the complaint and sent it through teleportation magic to the royal capital, Volos. The group parted ways after entering the Ashford residence. 

While the Knights left for their accommodation, Angelica stood still facing the closed front door of the main residence. She raised her hands to knock but hesitated to do it.

Angelica looked at her wristwatch. The time was already half-past four. Since her father already knew there is no point in hiding it. She might as well walk through the front door. But in the end, she decided to go in the way she usually uses when she sneaks out.

She walked around the house and headed towards the rear garden. Earlier, she had left the third-floor window unlocked. Since that room was a rarely used parlor, nobody will be there at this time of the night. 

Angelica stepped on the window still and started climbing. Within no time, she reached the third floor.

Slowly she opened the window and climbed in. Without making a noise she stepped in and closed it.

*yawn*

She was feeling tired and sleepy after working all night.

'I'll come up with some excuse after I get some sleep' 

"Stop right there!" An angry voice came from behind.

Angelica stood frozen with her hands in the air. She did not expect to be caught on her way in.

"Turn around"

"Hi" 

She turned around with an awkward smile and waved at the angry person sitting in the dark.