28

"You think this will be easy?" Corpse asks.

His question goes unanswered. He sighs and starts the car, not even daring to look at the passenger seat. If he does, he'll probably have to spend the next hour in this parking lot and it will involve him crying. So he just drives home.

Home.

They're going home.

The thought is comforting to him.

The click that the door makes when he turns the key makes him wince since he's trying to be a little quiet while entering the apartment. He tip toes inside and places the gigantic thing on the dinning table. There's boxes everywhere, it's hard to navigate but he tries. He manages to clear up some space. But soon enough there's a thunder of steps coming from the bedroom.

"Corpse?!" Sykkuno says while coming in to view.

"Hi, baby." Corpse says and moves in to kiss him.

He hugs him right after, which he realises is a mistake just seconds later.

"Wha- what is that?" Sykkuno says, head frozen over Corpse's shoulder.

Corpse scratches the back of his neck but doesn't say anything.

"Corpse, please explain." Sykkuno demands.

"Well, there's not much to explain. I got us a dog." Corpse smiles shakily.

Sykkuno tries to keep a tough exterior but the white dog in the dog box whining and looking at them with its puppy eyes makes him melt.

"Are you kidding me." he mumbles.

He walks towards it and pulls the dog out of the box, putting it down on the floor. The white ball of fur starts sniffing and roaming around in the new location while his new dads look at him go.

"His name is Bimbus." Corpse says before hugging Sykkuno from behind and tucking his chin over Sykkuno's shoulder.

Sykkuno might have been a little tipsy the night they escaped the Halloween party and laid down in the streets, but he remembers their conversations pretty accurately. He remembers the gravel under their bodies, the way Corpse was smiling, and the way they were so clueless about the stars above them. Corpse had started naming stars and asked Sykkuno to do so too, and the only name he could think of was Bimbus.

Sykkuno's heart warms at the fact that Corpse actually remembers that night. It feels like it was a million years ago.

"Do you like him?" Corpse asks in a small voice, afraid he had made a mistake getting a pet days after they had moved into their new apartment.

"I love him." Sykkuno answers back and turns his face to kiss Corpse on the lips.

Bimbus finishes exploring and comes up to his dads and stares at them with his tongue hanging out. Both of them decide to abandon unpacking to play with their new pup.

The result is chaos, but both enjoy the smile on each other's faces.

"So, what's your opinion?"

"My opinion on?"

"Corpse, were you not listening this whole time?!"

"No, Sykkuno, look at how cute our dog is. I can't focus on anything other than him. Especially not interior designing." Corpse says while making heart eyes at their dog.

"I swear, if you leave me for that dog." Sykkuno growls.

Corpse barks out a laugh which makes Bimbus jump a bit. The dog is warming up to them pretty perfectly so far.