Chapter 8 - Annoying People

Happy Holi everyone 💛

Published on 29.03.2021

● V I H A A N ●

"You're fired."

"I'm sorry Sir. Please-"

"I said you're fired. Don't you hear me?" I growled at him.

"Sir, I promise I won't repeat it." He begged.

"I don't pay you for such unprofessional behavior and causing losses to my company. Now, get out!" I seethed.

"Sir, I'm so-"

"I said get out Rahul!" I yelled.

"Sir, it's not Rahul. It's-" he started.

"I don't care what you're name is. Your name could be Rahul or your name could be Akbar. I really don't care. Get out before I take a strict action against you. You'll get your termination letter tomorrow."

Why the fuck is everyone hell bent on getting on my nerves?

Rahul or whatever his name was finally left. "What are y'all waiting for? The entertainment is over. Get back to your work." All the other employees who were gathered around the conference room and witnessed the drama dispersed.

"Meera, get me a black coffee in my office." I ordered her and left the conference room.

Ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous! How can someone be so careless about their own career? How can you party till late night when you've an important presentation to give the other day, reach late to your office, be unprepared for the task assigned leading us to lose the deal and then expect me to forgive you over a mere sorry and meaningless promises? It's good that the deal wasn't that important but it was the first deal that I'd lost in six months. That's unacceptable.

People are annoying. They don't how to behave with different people. A person like me needs to be respected, whose orders needs to be followed. But all I've been witnessing since past few days is people going against me or not taking me seriously or simply avoiding me. This is maddening. The feeling that you aren't in control of your surroundings, of the people around you isn't something that I very much appreciate.

One person that has been the major reason for the chaos in my mind, my life these days - Aarohi. The girl was dangerous. Dangerous for my sanity, dangerous for my heart, dangerous for my entire existence. She was the adventure I craved and the risk I was willing to take inspite of knowing that it's deadly. I hate dealing with people who don't listen to me, act as if they're superior to me and more than that I hated tolerating such people. And here I was doing exactly the same. Fucking awesome!

The woman had the audacity to ignore me. She couldn't even afford to smile at me because apparently that would've cost her a million bucks. She even replied back impertinently to me. Acted as if we all are peasants doing a measly job and it would be a blow to her dignity if she involved herself with us.

"May I come in Sir?" Meera asked, knocking the door.

"You may."

"Your coffee." Meera kept the mug on the table and was about to leave. What's wrong with her?

"I didn't give you the permission to leave Meera." I said making her halt in her steps.

"I'm sorry Sir." She said in a low voice keeping her eyes on the floor.