XXXIV

╭──── ✩ ────╮
HAIR
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

ARTHUR WEASLEY HAD BEEN attacked just last night, and it had absolutely terrified everyone. That was the topic of today's order meeting. About how he was attacked, and why no one was around to see it happen.

Not only was the man on the brink of death, but it was you know who's snake who had preformed the act upon him.. which proved our suspicions of him knowing about it.

The prophecy, the one thing we hoped he wouldn't find out about. Voldemort without the prophecy was dangerous, but with it.. he was so much more than that..

The order was in panic about what to do with this new found information, do we attack?; do we wait it out— none of us had a clue. We were all absolutely terrified, not just for ourselves; but for Arthur and anyone else who may be a victim to you know who's antics.

"No no, listen! I think we should wait it out.. he obviously hadn't found it yet!" Lucy offered, looking worriedly around at the other members— the girl had been around quite more than usual, and occasionally missed meetings for, 'personal business.'

Maybe it was my jealousy, but something about her seemed.. off. Like she wasn't fully there half the time. She would talk, offer up suggestions, but would never actually go into a battle.. all in all, I hated her guts— and didn't trust her one bit.

"Well, as much as I love that idea, I have a child to fight for. I want to get this over with, defeat you know who, so that she can live in a world where she doesn't have to grow up in war." I argued, bouncing Hope on my knee.

"I agree." Sirius stated from beside me, "I know it's dangerous, but he obviously knows about the prophecy— so why not get the hard part over with." He huffed, looking around I noticed everyone sending him questioning glances.

"Look," I cut in, gaining their attention, "we're not saying right this moment, hell, we could do it next year for all I care." I stated, leaning over into Sirius, who swung an arm around me lovingly, "I'm just saying, we need to fight.. we need to fight for what we stand in— because if we hide, like Lucy said. He would take over eventually.." I finished,

The order chatted amongst themselves, some nodding; some questioning. All except for one, who had her murderous glare pointed directly at me, "well I think that's a stupid idea." She hissed, turning her head away from me in triumph.