Chapter-29

DOUBLE FREAKING UPDATE!
Because I love you guys so freaking much!
Enjoy!
*******

Nova

The next morning was indeed a pleasant one.
I had never slept so soundly in my entire life until last night.
But, it was strange and unusual that the curtains of the windows were wide open, allowing the sunlight to flow in unlike the last time.

It was the rays of light which rudely hit my face, bringing me out of my deep slumber.
I did not open my eyes immediately, but squeezed them shut more tightly and frowned, wishing the light would go away somewhere and let me sleep in peace.
And yes, the light did go away!
In the very next moment, I could not feel the light on my face. I slightly opened my eyes only to meet a certain pair of silver eyes staring back at me.

"Good morning, love" he said in his deep husky voice and in the next moment he attacked my face with his warm kisses.
"Nicky stop!" I giggled out and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.
His eyes were filled with surprise and amusement while I gave him an innocent look.

His hands were cautiously rested on the either side of my head supporting his weight, as if he was afraid of crushing me. He was shielding me from the very light which had disrupted my sleep. I smiled at his caring and protective gesture.

Then, I took in his appearance. His dark black hair was messy with a couple of his wavy strands dropping down his forehead making him look like a model out of a cover page. I subconscious ran my fingers through his soft hair and his eyes followed my every movement.
My hand trailed down his neck to his shoulders, further going down to his bare chest while my fingers traced small patterns on his tanned skin. My eyes darted along the long deep scar on his chest and I ran my fingers along it with a frown on my face.

"How did you get this?" I questioned him and his eyes darkened, his relaxed demeanour changing quickly into a cold one.
"It is a battle scar, princess. Don't worry about it" he replied but I was not completely convinced with his answer. I didn't want to push him into answering me so I changed the topic.

"Nicholas, now that I have told you about my parents, will you accompany me to go see them?" I asked with hope in my eyes.
He seemed to think about it for a moment, but he agreed at last.

An hour later we stood on the porch of the tiny cottage where my parents lived. Nicholas had a deep frown plastered on his face.
"Are you nervous?" I jokingly asked him.
He shot me a glare before replying,
"I am not nervous, princess. I do not know how to act good or be good. I've been trying to change for you, love but when it comes to others I cannot assure you I will be the same" he replied bluntly.
I placed my palm on his chest, feeling his pumping heart and looked into his eyes.
"Deep inside you are not the evil King you portray yourself to be. I know there is good in you, a whole lot of it" I smiled reassuringly at him.

He stared at me with an unknown emotion before crashing his lips against mine which made me widen my eyes.
I pushed him with all my might and he pulled away, with anger coating his features.
"Why did you stop me, princess?" he growled,
"I am sorry but please, we-we cannot do this....here" I stammered shyly.
Of course I wouldn't want my parents to see their daughter making out right outside their door.

He smirked lightly and before I even knew it he pulled me towards him engulfing me in a hug.
Maybe he is trying to calm himself down, I thought and hugged him back.
His face was buried in the crook of my neck as he planted soft warm kisses on every bit of my exposed skin.
I bit my lip to avoid making any sound as he continued his sweet torture.
He lightly bit my skin and I yelped loudly.

Shit! My parents might have heard that.

I quickly pulled myself back and he let me do so. I fixed my hair and dress as I heard the faint footsteps on the either side of the door.
The door opened revealing my mother and she gasped in joy seeing me. I hugged her tightly and for a moment I forgot that Nicholas was standing right there.
She must have noticed him and pulled back from the hug.