43"

Alya waved goodbye to her mother at Kingscross before running through the barrier with her luggage and owl

The trains steam blew onto the platform while families hugged goodbye, sending their children off for another year at Hogwarts.

It suddenly dawned on Alya that this would be her last year at Hogwarts. What would she do after she left? What jobs are even in the wizarding world? Did she have to do a wizarding job? She didn't know and that's what made it so scary. All she knew of the wizarding world was Hogwarts. So what would happen went she didn't have Hogwarts any longer?

Pushing her worries to the back of her brain she wanted to enjoy her last year and take it all in.

Stepping onto the train she excused herself through first and second years and she walked down the carriage looking for Amalie, Roxanne and Daria. She'd wanted to poke her head in to say hi before making her way to the prefects carriage.

"There she is Miss Head girl" Amalie winked as Alya popped around the compartment door

"Here she is" Alya laughed doing a playful pose, showing off her Ravenclaw head girl badge pinned on her robes

"We get it, we get it" Roxanne waved, "you're a big deal now"

"Shut up" Alya smiled, "I've got to go right now but I'll find you all at the sorting" she waved rushing off

"You better!" Daria called after her, looking down the corridor as Alya hurried off

Pulling open the compartment door to the prefects carriage she was met with all the prefects from all different years and houses.

They chatted and settled down for a bit, waiting for the head boy to turn up.

"Hi" Alya started, "I think we should get started since we're nearing the station, I'm Alya, your new head girl and-"

The compartment door was yanked open as James practically fell into the carriage.

"Sorry I'm late" he panted

"James?" Alya asked in confusion wondering why he was in the prefects carriage.

Her eyes widened as she studied him.

Pinned onto his robes, a red Head Boy badge.

"There's no way... you're Head Boy?!"

Further down the train Viola Potter sat with her two other children.

"Mum are you sure you don't want us to sit with you?" Lily asked from her side

"Yeah, Dad will kill us if he finds out we've left you on your own" Remus added, nodding in agreement with Lily

"I'm sure Lils. Go and find your friends. You too rem" Viola smiled to her children who were hanging around her compartment

"We'll see you later?"

"Of course"

Viola Potter had made sure that she'd boarded the train earlier in hopes of getting the compartment.
She sat in the same compartment her father had sat in on his way to Hogwarts all those years ago. Next to her on the seat his old trunk with the initials R.J.Lupin.

She felt small tears prick in her eyes as she looked down at the trunk and around the compartment. She remembered so vividly the day she left her father in the same very compartment. She wanted to scold herself for not staying with him. For not taking advantage of every little second, but she didn't. She knew it wasn't healthy for her, nor would her father want her to do that.

She was in the exact same position her father was in all those years ago and she had never felt closer to him.

———————————————————————————
A/N

😃🙂😐😕😢😭