Chapter 14

I made my way into the school hallway, first period was geography, so it was with Elijah

I made my way into the school hallway, first period was geography, so it was with Elijah. Suddenly someone yanked at my arm and pulled me into the janitor's closet. My immediate response was to reach for the switch blade in my back pocket but before I could pull it out, the lights came back on and there stood in front of me was Ace motherfuckin Alvarez, with that goddamn smirk on his face.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I hiss at him. "Oh, carinõ. A lot of things, but we don't have the time to discuss that right now. What I wanna know is how was last night Knight Ryder?" (Sweetheart)

This fucking guy, I knew he wouldn't leave this alone. "You know I could ask you the same thing, Eugene." I say cockily using his alias the same way he used mine. "To be honest it sounds really hot when you say it." "Ew, you perv." To which he just shrugged.

"Look I don't have any obligation to tell you anything okay. So goodbye." My hand was on the doorknob and was about to turn when this idiot decides to speak. "Oh that's fine, I could just tell your brothers and other people about last night." I guess he moved close to me because I could feel his breath on my neck and it sent shivers up my spine, but surprisingly in a good way, which had literally never happened before because any time a man had been this close to me, made me want to throw up, but for god forsaken reason it was different with this guy.

I swiftly turned around and my breath caught in my throat, I didn't suspect that we would be this close, I mean our noses were almost touching, and I could smell his cologne which was the smell of cinnamon. He didn't notice as his eyes were glued to my own while I pulled out my switch blade.

"You wouldn't make it half way there." He felt a poke on his side and looked down to see my knife aimed at his side. I thought he would look up with a look of pain I, but when his face came up it was filled with pure amusement. I was confused for a second before he spoke his next words.

"You really are sneaky aren't you? Hence the name taken after the badass criminal. It all makes sense. But you see, I also am no fool." I didn't have the proper amount of time to process the fact that this gorgeous, Greek god looking bad boy had seen tangled as I felt a poke on my thigh, and looked down to find a switch blade pressed to my right thigh.

"What do you want Alvarez?" My voice monotonous. "To know why you were at a street fight?" "The same reason you were." I knew why he was there, why you might ask? Because it was clear as day in his eyes, that he wanted that thrill. That escape from reality that he couldn't get anywhere else. "And how would you know?" He asked

"Because like you, I too do it for that rush, that escape from the hell hole that is our lives. I don't know what is going on in yours but it looks just as bad as mine to have eyes like yours, eyes that are screaming to just run away while mouth stays sewn shut." My analyzation must have surprised him, and that gave me enough of a chance to snatch the blade out of his hand and move to the side.