005. . . make a man out of you

(

( . . 𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬; 𝐶𝐻 𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU / 从你身上造一个人
━━━━━
" Nothing good ever comes easy,I know times are rough, but winners don't quit, so don't you give up— "

LETTING GO OF SOMEONE OR SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO YOU IS A HARD THING FOR ANYONE TO DO. The precious memories laced in that person, place, or object. They invade and dilute the mind and soul of good and bad, sad or happy times. It shows vulnerability, humanity even, to the most inhuman. The prefrontal cortex, Amygdala, Hippocampus, and Cerebellum are who we can blame for feeling. They process memories, trauma, attachments to people or places, sadness, loneliness, decision making, social behavior, and much more. They make us feel even when we beg them not to. Mulan never felt the same after Bucky left. No matter how hard she pleads.

It wasn't like the first time Bucky left, it's like the ground beneath Mulan's pointed heels shifted when the weight of Bucky getting shipped to war fully settled on her chest. She didn't like the feeling of being alone again. After feeling the warmth within Bucky's touch she would never stop chasing the beautiful feeling. She would never let go, she can't.

Her days and nights became duller when the bright smile of James Barnes went away. Mulan tried to not think of him, as bad as that sounds every time she did it was as if she fell darker into that fatal abyss of sadness. Bucky told her to not cry over him,  that he would be fine, to wear her adoring smile because he would come right back to her, every time.

It was a couple of weeks after Bucky left his best friend and girl in Brooklyn and Mulan and Steve have grown closer in the time of his absence. With Steve being her only other good friend, they had time to learn more about each other and form a stronger bond. They both comforted one another as a shoulder to lean on in times of sadness. With the time they spent together, Mulan easily picked up on his quirks and noticed how he was more timid than usual and she would be damned if she couldn't figure out why.

That little blonde-haired shit, Mulan thought as she angrily walked up the stairs to Bucky's apartment. Steve hadn't shown up to the diner when Mulan made the plans claiming, 'she hasn't seen his tiny ass in a while,' even though she saw him a day ago. Mulan puffed a piece of hair out of her eyes and pushed her purse strap off her shoulder, grabbed her spare key, and pushed the heavy door in.

Mulan threw her bag and key on Bucky's side table and kicked off her heels. As she hooked her jacket on the coat rack her brown eyes turned to his wool coat. A frown grew on her features. Mulan stepped closer to it and fiddled with the buttons, inhaling the musky scent. She leaned herself on the wall beside it and closed her eyes, picturing he was there next to her when a quiet "Hi." made her snap her eyes open and let out a yell of surprise.