Chapter 25

"

"...you're special." 

"Eren...key...basement..."

"Founding...Marley..."

She found herself standing back in her office, the sunlight gleaming off the finish of her desk and illuminating the bright orange curtains and sage green wallpaper.

A knock on the door.

"Come in." She called. Like usual, her brother opened the door and walked in, closing it behind him. He looked the same as he did every time she had this dream, and she seemed to be having this recurring dream more frequently lately. Angharad still had no idea if this was a sick and twisted creation of her brain, or if this was an actual memory.

"Grisha?" She felt herself move, reaching out to turn her older brother's face towards hers. She could see the tears he was always holding back, but he still wouldn't meet her eyes. "What's wrong?" Why won't you look at me?

"I need to talk to you." His voice was hoarse, and scratchy. Even after so many times of reliving this moment in her sleep, it still gave her chills. The more she found herself back here, the more she realized just how unlike himself Grisha was acting.

"You can tell me anything." She responded, the same way she always did, automatically and out of her own control. "I'm your sister, you can trust me." Tell me why I keep ending up back here.

"I don't know if you'll feel that way after I tell you what I've been hiding."

"Hiding?" She took a step back from him now. "Grisha, you're scaring me."

"You're 33-years old now." Grisha, I'm 37. Angharad wanted to clench her fists in anger, to be able to control even the smallest part of her own body. Still, she had no control over her physical actions.

Her brother reached into his pocket and hid the contents behind his back, yet she already knew what it was after being here so many times. Angharad felt the room grow colder. A change to the usual routine of the dream. "You deserve to know the truth." Yet again, his voice was muffled, like he was talking to her through the same stupid noise barrier that appeared during this part of the conversation.

"Grisha." She called out. She tried to move forward. He continued on, unaware that she still couldn't hear him. Her brother's figure turned around, and his voice became audible again.

"Do you understand?" His voice was shaky, and his gaze was ducked down, out of her sight. Angharad grew angry now.

"No!" She cried out to him, now able to at least speak freely and of her own volition. "I don't understand anything about this. Why can't I control my own body? Why do I keep having this stupid dream?!"