010.

010. the sirens song

CADIE FELT like shit. sort of. well.. yeah no she felt like shit. the scary thing about when they were at circe's island was she had genuinely considered staying. and after circe's island... it was a bit... weird? she felt them look at her more- talk to her more- and she wondered what the fuck was wrong with them. what had infected their brain to talk to her?

oh. oh yeah- the whole.... rage cadie.

rage cadie. that's what she'd named the previous outburst. cadie diaz had never personally thought of herself to have a very angry personality- that was cam's ordeal when in the heat of battle, or perhaps when lilly spoke venomously about her parents. no- cadie was not known for her temper. she was known for her extreme awkwardness, her crippling social anxiety and her rambling. she had never seen herself as a snarky little huffy bitch when angry. however refreshing it was- normal cadie found the attention unnerving and slightly weird.

now they were out and sort of safe- she'd apologise to annabeth and percy. the two of them looked surprised, as if they didn't expect apologies.

"cadie why are you apologizing?" annabeth said, giving her a confused look.

"... i was mean to you guys?"

"you had a right to be mean and annoyed," annabeth said, "you shouldn't apologize for how you feel.... if anything me and percy should be apologizing." she shot a glare at percy and a well aimed elbow to the stomach, "right?"

percy hissed in pain, jumping, "you didn't need to force me to apologize- i was just about to." he looked at her, "i really did mean when i said you aren't useless. your crazy powerful- and if we didn't fuck up the island and stuff... i wouldn't have blamed you for staying. you seemed so happy and smiley when talking to the people there."

"we have a quest," she shrugged awkwardly, "and... i'd miss my friends at camp. my parents... and then i have the whole prophecy thing so... yeah."

"about the prophecy," annabeth admitted, "sorry... for pushing you... and the tyson thing..."

"it's alright," cadie cut in, "i mean... i don't expect us to be friends- that wasn't cool of you guys. but surely we can work together? or... be acquaintances or some bullshit like that?"

"acquaintances?" percy smiled, "well... good to meet you my dear acquaintance?"

and that was how they stopped acting like self-entitled assholes.

percy really was born to be a pirate. that was cadie's opinion. because he seemed to know exactly what to do with the ship. he knew where to sail, what to do- and he knew how to keep them steady. sort of (see as annabeth not being able to stomach it for too long). the brisk night air was actually nice, and she found herself not bothered by the fact she was in near vicinity of percy. don't get her wrong- the weird feelings were still there (and she still did get extremely jumpy and panicky)- but the night air did something to her. it calmed her down, and she didn't mind it.

"don't you want to go back inside?" percy said, "i mean... below deck?"

she shook her head, "i mean... not really- unless you uh, want me to?"

"no!" he said quickly, "no just... i thought you might get seasick or something... nevermind."

"for some reason, i don't think i've ever gotten seasick," cadie said aloud to herself, "i mean... not really- weird. my dad- he loves the water. most of my family do. it's just nice- and i don't know but this place is so calm." she turned to him, "i'm sure you know- after all, you're a poseidon kid."