36

The sun glares over the burrow, the heat almost insufferable but everyone is so happy that no one seems to care. Molly had decorated the garden and balloons float in the air, streamers and banners covering every surface and a large table stocked with every baked good imaginable. Remus is stood at the bbq cooking hot dogs and burgers and music fills the air.

"Thank you again Moll, everything looks amazing," I smile to the kind woman

"It was my pleasure sweetie, you just let me know if there's anything you need," she beams, wrapping me in a tight hug before she disappears to go and retrieve whatever is currently in the oven.

I walk through the garden, smiling to the people I pass before dropping into a seat between Lee and George, the rest of our friend group sat around all with butterbeers in hand and easy smiles.

"What are we talking about?" I question

"We are trying to guess what dad is asking Cedric about, I'm voting the classic rubber duck," George explains, shrugging his head in the direction of a happy looking Mr Weasley who is talking animatedly

"I think it's the car, he's very proud of that car," Fred argues

"You're both wrong. He works in a muggle ice cream shop, there is no way it isn't that," I point out

"Shit, you are so right," Fred agrees

"When, Freddie dearest, will you learn that I always am,"

"I could list 20 times you were not right here without even trying," Angelina smirks

"Fuck off, it's my birthday. You can't be mean to me on your birthday,"

"I can when you lie,"

"I am not a liar Johnson," I protest

"You can lie and not be a liar," Alice shrugs

"And you definitely lie because their is no way Cedric is as big as you said he is," Katie comments, biting into the cupcake in her hand

"When are you going to drop that?" Lee groans

"Katie I swear on everything I own that was the truth,"

"My confidence is dwindling," Lee sighs

"Shut up Lee you and Alicia are obsessed with each other. I on the other hand and single, depressed and lonely," Katie sighs

"That's cause you never got with Ben," Angelina reminds

"You're right, I never did get with Ben," Katie smirks, turning around to me "Double date?"

"Sure, first Hogsmeade weekend," I agree with a nod

"Hey, what's up with your dad?" George questions, I turn to notice dad shifting slightly awkwardly and looking anxious

"I'll be back," I announce, standing up and smacking Fred lightly on the back of the head when he sticks his leg out to try and trip me up.

I approach my dad who is sat on a swing bench. "What's up?"

"Kid there's something I need to tell you, I should have told you ages ago I know that and here's probably not the place but I really need you to know,"

"Is this about how you're dating uncle Rem?" I questions casually

"What? How the fuck do you know?" He sputters out

"Well you said you hadn't been in love with Arabella for years, you've had one relationship my whole life, you and uncle Rem are literally always together. I thought you just fancied him for a while, cause you literally stare at him all the time, but then I was talking to uncle James and he let slip you were out at dinner for you anniversary last week,"

"Why didn't you say anything?" He questions, eyes wide

"I figured you'd tell me when you were ready,"

"And you don't hate me?"

"You're stupid. I love you and I love uncle Rem and I want you both happy,"

"I love you princess,"

"I love you too dad," I grin, glancing over the party. Bill and Fleur had started dancing and soon enough people had followed their lead. Hermione was dancing with Ron and blushing madly, Ginny was being twirled around by Charlie, my friend group were all jumping around like idiots despite it being a slower song, Lily and James were laughing together as he dipped her down dramatically, Uncle Regulus is sat at a table talking with Draco, Harry is chatting to Cedric and uncle Peter as they both eat a hot dog, Minnie is sat with Molly.

"You should go dance with your boyfriend," Dad smiles

"And you yours," I grin, he laughs rolling his eyes as I stand up, approaching Cedric who notices me walking towards him and meets me in the middle.

"Care for a dance darling?" he questions

"I'd love to," I grin back, he smiles gently, his arms looping around my waist and mine fall around his neck, he grins pressing a kiss to my lips.

"You having a good birthday pretty girl?"

"I am, I'm glad you're here,"

"Me too," he smiles, spinning me around as I giggle.

"Hey, what were you and Arthur talking about earlier?"

"The ice cream shop," he replies casually, I smirk searching around until I see Fred I mouth 'ice cream shop' and he laughs, rolling his eyes at me.

I smile as I look back up to Cedric who is staring back down with a large grin and soft eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, you are just so insanely beautiful," He smiles, pressing a kiss to my lips gently

"I love you Ced,"

"And I love you, darling,"