Political complications (pt 2)

TW//EXPLOSIONS, UNALIVEMENT, WITHERS, CURSING, BLOOD AND GORE.

Reader's POV:

"TOMMY!!" I yelled running at him.

Below me I could hear the TNT hissing.

As I was running toward Tommy the podium exploded. I launched myself at him, nocking us both to the ground. I used my body to shield Tommy from the ruble and the explosion. I could feel the shrapnel pierce my back but I didn't feel any pain, the adrenalin has definitely kicked in. At that thought I chuckled and asked if Tommy was ok.

"Define ok." He said.

I chuckled.

"Yah I think you'll be fine." I said.

"Now the question is are you ok?" Tommy asked.

"I'll be fine." I replied, getting up, pulling him up with me.

"Now what the fuck just happened?" He asked looking around.

As we looked across the ruined part of L'manburg we saw the remains of a room. In the room was Wilbur and Phil. We looked just in time to see Phil's sword pierce Wilbur's chest.

My mouth hung agape as I looked at the scene before me, I covered my mouth in shock. I could feel the tears starting to form in my eyes.

I heard shouting behind us. I looked behind us to see a crowd forming, but not in front of the room, the crowd was in front of a person. That person was Technoblade.

Tommy and I made our way over to where everyone was standing, making our way to the front of the crowd. In front of us was Techno, behind him was two stacks of soul sand formed into a T formation.

"Techno stop now." Tommy said, moving towards techno.

"You stay right there Tommy." Techno said, pulling out his loaded crossbow.

"You all stay back! You all listen to me right here Tommy! Tommy, do you think you're a hero? Is that what this is!?" Techno said, not lowering his crossbow.

"I just wanted...I just wanted L'manburg." Tommy said.

"You just wanted power."

"That's all I ever wanted-I didn't! I just wanted-"

"You just did a coup! you just did a hostile government take over and then immediately instilled yourself as president. And then you gave it to your friend, but that's still a tyrant Tommy!" Techno interrupted.

"But the thing about this world Tommy...is that good things don't happen to heroes." He continued.

The crowd gasped.

I narrowed my eyes.

"Let me tell you a story Tommy, a story about a man called Theseus. His country, well his city state technically, was in danger, and he sent himself forward into enemy lines, he slayed the minotaur and saved his city. You know what they did to him Tommy? They exiled him, he died alone in disgrace, despised by his people, that's what happens to heroes Tommy."

"But he saved everyone." I heard Tubbo say.

"The Greeks knew the score, but if you want to be a hero Tommy, that's fine." Techno said placing two wither skulls on each mound of soul sand.

"Technoblade, don't do this, we're so close." I said, taking a step forward.

"If you want to be a hero..."

"No one's a hero! We got L'manburg for-"

"You want to be a hero Tommy? THEN DIE LIKE ONE!!" Techno said, placing down the final two skulls.

I took a step back, my eyes widening. The mounds started to glow a light blue. 

Then the light disappeared, in it's place where two withers. Their three heads looking at all of us. They both made an ear piercing screech and started to attack.

"RUN!!" I yelled at Tommy.

"AND LET YOU FIGHT ALONE!? FUCK NO!!" He said, drawing his sword.

I shook my head.

I looked up and saw one of the Withers flying at us.

"You remember when we would fight phantoms right?" I asked Tommy, not taking my eyes off the wither.

"Yah what the hell does that have to do with anything?" He asked.

His eyes widened in realization.

"Do we have a ramp of some sort?" He asked.

My eyes swept across the broken landscape. I saw a wall of the podium laying across some ruble. It will have to do.

"Yep, cover me." I said, dashing to the wall.

'Please work.' I thought as I ran up the wall, sword drawn.

The wither had one weak spot. The nether star in it's chest. If you could hit it, you'd be able to kill the wither. But you had to hit it just right.

When I reached the end of the wall, I dug my feet into the ground and jumped, launching myself in the air. I landed on the back of the Wither. It must have felt me land on it because it immediately started to spin around, trying to get me off. I held onto the ribcage for dear life as I was spun around. 

With one hand gripping the rib until my knuckles turned white, I plunged my sword into the ribcage of the wither, narrowly missing the star in the center of the chest.

'Damnit.' I thought, pulling my sword out. 

A flaming skull flew past me, just barley missing me.

I looked behind me to find the other Wither.

'Crap.'

I then saw a blur of green and grey jump onto the back of the other wither.

Phil.

Knowing that the other wither was being dealt with, I turned my attention to the wither I was clinging to.

I plunged my sword into it's chest, this time striking the star.

'YES!!' I thought.

I felt the wither freeze, and then plummet to the ground. That's when I remembered something. 

When Tommy and I would fight phantoms I would always had my wings to slow my fall.

I don't have my wings.

"Shit." I said as the wither and I fell.

'Landing techniques don't fail me know.' I thought as I launched myself from the wither.

When my feet touched the ground, my knees bent and I went down into a roll. Almost immediately I was back on my feet.

As I looked up I saw the other wither fall to the ground.

I looked away from the falling wither and started to look for Tommy and Tubbo.

Then I saw said boys running up to me.

"(Y/N/N)!!" Tubbo cried, engulfing me in a hug.

I hugged him back, thanking whatever gods that were out there that Tommy and Tubbo were ok.

"Oh thank gods you're alive." I said.

Tubbo pulled out of the hug and all three of us looked at the destruction. Everyone was scattered across the ruble. As I scanned the faces of the crowd that was slowly gathering, I noticed that Techno and Wilbur were missing.

Wilbur.

My eyes widened and I ran towards the ruined room that I saw Wilbur die in. 

When I got there I saw Wilbur laying on the floor of the room. I climbed up the edge of the hill and into the room.

"Wilbur." I said, shaking his limp body.

"Wilbur please." I said.

After a minute of this I pulled him close, embracing his body into a hug. 

And I cried.