6.6 - Taking The Right Steps

Sorry yet again for the long wait but I am in my final year of college and I've currently got top grades in 9/13 of my units (Mini Flex). So I'd really love to achieve maximum grades in all my remaining units as well.

So I apologise if my priorities are elsewhere at the moment, hopefully you guys can understand. I finish for Easter break next week so hopefully I'll be able to get somewhat back on track then.

ALSO, Huge thanks to SEKRETONGMALUPYET for the new cover art for Venompool, also did the work on my friend Fortisal book - The Shadow and The Widow, check both of them out.

Right, onto the chapter.

------------------------------------------------------

The seven Avengers along with Fury were in the Barton's kitchen discussing the threat currently on the plate of Ultron. Well, six of the Avengers were talking, Y/N on the other hand wasn't particularly interested in Ultron at the moment as he felt he had bigger things on his plate than some stupid robot.

The only thing that was on Y/N's mind were the twins and what had lead them down this path of following Ultron, aiding him in his vendetta to end the Avengers and the world

Was it because of him?

What hardships did they face?

Did HYDRA poison their minds like they did with Bucky Barnes?

These and more questions were burning in his mind constantly however he was then disrupted by Nick waving his hand in front of his face "Earth to Y/N, are you reading me?"

Y/N's mini trance was broken as he shook his head a few times "Yeah. Yeah, Yeah." He nodded with a slight smile "I'm good Cyclops."

Nick however wasn't so easily convinced especially after knowing Y/N for damn near thirty years "Are you sure? You're uncharacteristically quiet and as much as I hate to say it....... I don't like it."

"Damn he's good." Of course he's good, He's Nick bloody Fury.

The eye patch wearer was certainly a little uneasy knowing that one of the best defenders that he had was not quite with it and wondered what was bothering him so.

"Ease up Fury, we don't know what that little witch bitch showed him." Tony said as he threw three darts in quick succession at the dartboard Clint had.

Y/N growled a little under his breath after hearing Tony refer to Wanda as a 'bitch' and Fury took notice of this too however before he could dig deeper, Y/N excused himself towards the outside door "I need some air."

As Y/N went to go outside, Lila came rushing in much to her mother's behest and said "Daddy! Daddy! Look what I built!" However she wasn't particularly aware of her surroundings as she accidentally cut off Y/N and headbutted him straight in the crotch.