𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.

it fits the vibe (and im just obsessed atm) -

tw - self harm

Sitting on a mossy rock at what he guessed to be around ten at night, Regulus Black had his fingers tangled in his inky black hair and was staring at the rust colored pine needles below his feet with a blank look in his eyes that would have alarmed Hollis to see. The adrenaline of running during the first few days had been replaced by the huge weight of his actions coming down on him like one of the surrounding mountains had collapsed. Even just the act of walking seemed pointless.

Because he wasn't moving towards anything or anyone.

He had no idea what had happened to Hollis after he left her limp and unconscious in her brother's arms, but his mind had certainly filled in the blanks with the most horrific images possible.

When she lost consciousness from breaking the curse, it could have been forever. The sheer amount of pressure placed on her mind could have made it snap, and those moments of freedom be her last ones. 

Or, if she was alive, Hollis could have not woken up and be in a comatose state. Right now, as he was sitting in Lolchant Forest, there might be a team of healers huddled around a limp girl that appeared to be dead but was still barely pushing her breaths in and out.

Regulus was all alone with these thoughts, and he couldn't bear it anymore.

He had to figure out a way to reach Hollis.

With this new purpose and goal, he snapped out of his trance of staring at the ground blankly and began to pace forward with deep thought as he racked his memory for every form of magical communication he had ever learned of.

A letter through an owl was a no, he had already been through that process. There was no way he could physically see her if he could even find out her location in the first place. The two of them didn't have bracelets like the Marauders used to before Hollis's was broken, nor a two-way mirror.

That small spark of hope was extinguished quickly, and Regulus felt defeated again as he paced over to a pool of water that had formed in the shallow divot of a smooth stone.

Or, he did feel hopeless until he saw the way a sliver of the moon had managed to fight its way through the fog and pines and reflected in the liquid. The image triggered a sudden wave of knowledge through him, along with hope.

When he was in his sixth year and had Kegeckle as his Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, they had learned about the Patronus Charm and how it could not only be used to repel Dementors but could also be used as a form of delivering a message to its target.

The flame lit again, filling Regulus with warmth.

Now all he had to do was focus on his happiest memory.

We're fucking insane, Reg.

I can think of no one else I would rather go absolutely mad with.

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

As the bright, silvery light filled the room, Hollis got up so quickly that the movement made her head spin. There was no way one of the Gryffindors was sending her a patronus already after leaving only a few hours ago, it had to be someone else.

But as the patronus formed into a lion, Hollis's confusion only grew.

She had no idea who it could be until a familiar voice came from it's mouth full of razor sharp teeth.