Devils Snare and Flying Keys

I realize that the surface I have landed on is snake like and scaly. Why would someone put this here? What is it?
Suddenly Harry plummets down to the ground and lands on his back. His glasses fly off and he squints as he tries to detect his surroundings.
I grab the glasses and hand them over to him.
"Thanks (Y/N)", he says as he adjusts them.
Without warning Ron falls smack down on the floor about two inches away from Harry and Hermione follows screaming and landing on Ron with a bang who goes bright red. She pushes herself off quickly and apologizes, her face flooding with red.

"What is this stuff?", I say observing it as it begins to move.
"What the?", Ron shouts with panic as it begins to wrap around his wrists and then his ankles.
Before any of us can reach out to help release him we're being strangled too.
"It's devils snare!", Hermione shouts.
"Devils what", Harry is shaking from side to side.
"We have to relax or it will kill us! It can sense fear'", Hermione's voice becomes calmer and she closes her eyes and breathes in and out.
"You want me to relax!", Ron is struggling and screaming like a baby.
I close my eyes and breathe in through my nose. When I exhale the devil's snare is unraveling around my arms and ankles and I slip down through it as it lets me go and hit a hard cold ground.
"It works!", I shout up to them as Hermione slips down beside me.
Harry gets down after that but Ron is still up there screaming and cursing.
"You have to relax Ronald!", Hermione is becoming impatient.
Both me and Hermione pull out our wands.
"LUMOS SOLEM", we say in unison causing a blinding flash of sunlight to hit the snare.
Ron falls down and lands hard on his back.
"Impressive", Hermione grins at me.
"Great minds think alike", I grin back.
"Well, it's a good thing I relaxed", Ron says getting up.
We look at each other and laugh.
"Good thing the girls here pay attention in charms", Harry snarks and Ron looks down sheepishly.

"Come on. We better keep moving", I start to walk and we go through a door to another room.
I stop still. I look up to see around a thousand flying keys swarming the air.
"Oh bloody hell", Ron groans.
"We need to find the key to open the next door", Hermione ignores Ron.
"Harry. You should be able to do this", I point to the broom leaning against the wall on the right side of the room.
"I can try", he states.
"How do I know which one it it is though?", he asks.
"It's pretty obvious mate. Look at that big old rusty one", Ron points into the air.
"Finally you speak some sense", Hermione begins and Ron gives her a shocked look.
Meanwhile Harry has mounted the broom and is flying around swiftly, one arm outstretched trying to grab the key.
We watch him in awe. I've never tried to ride a broom but i have a feeling it's not as easy as Harry is making it look.
He finally grabs it and we cheer, jumping up and down perhaps a little too happy.
Surely enough the key fits the next door.
"What did I tell ya?", Ron gloats.

Harry pushes the door open and my jaw drops.
"Bloody hell", Ron whispers.