Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Warning

*Mentions of underage drug use*

Harley Jameson: hey hun, im driving you to school

Bless this woman. I don't want to drive with Wayne, it's best if we refrain from being together with Simon. He would probably annoy our secret out of us.

I wore a brown tight tee with a black skirt. The top and bottom left me with centimeters of my stomach showing. It's sort of against the dress code, but as long if I stay around at least one senior, I'll be good. It's something about going easy on them because it's their last year.

When I went outside to wait for Harley, I was greeted with Wayne's car. I tried to avoid all contact with it, so I whipped out my phone and started randomly opening apps, swiping around, then closing them.

I couldn't help myself. I looked up into his car, but Wayne wasn't in there. That means he's probably in the house. I heard Simon's loud voice approaching the front door. I slid my phone into the side pocket of my backpack and began to walk down my driveway. I heard the door open and close.

"Beth, where are you going?" Simon called out to me.

Harley pulled up and saved me from an awkward conversation. I waved without looking at either of the boys and got in her car.

"Thank God," I sighed to Harley, quickly making up an excuse. "Simon has been weird around me since the party."

"I thought so," she agreed. "You told his best friend's ex to sit on his lap."

I didn't do it to make Simon mad, I did it to get her away from Wayne. But I understand I did use him while he was almost hitting his blackout stage.

"I just don't want to hear about it," I explained. "Also, Anderson would have backed him up."

Harley groaned. "Fighting outnumbered by douchebags? You're lucky I'm here."

I am lucky she's here. Harley is a girl who doesn't give a fuck about anything, but when it comes to her friends, she gives several.

"Thanks for saving my ass."

"Well, you've got a good one so I had to."

We giggled and Harley turned up her driving playlist. Dominique has a Spotify account and she makes the greatest playlists for every situation. I think she even has one for shopping around WalMart with your parents.

My phone vibrated in my lap.

Wayne Anderson: didn't need a ride?

Oh, I need one. Don't say that. Don't ever say that. What should I say though? no, im too anxious that im gonna tell simon about us. It's better that I send him nothing in return than to say something stupid. So, I leave him on read. A necessary evil.

We got to school faster than usual because Harley speeds like there is tomorrow and she's trying to escape it. She parked a little crooked, but she's getting better. I don't drive at all because it's overwhelming being in control of who lives and who dies in your car.

Rogue leaned up against a brick wall next to the entrance of the school. He was on his phone and wore the hell out of his white tee. It was just a little see through, but enough that I could see his gorgeous chocolate skin underneath.

Wow, I need to calm down.

I wrapped my arms around his waist as soon as I got to him. "I'm so sorry. I was a dick," I mumbled into his chest. Honestly, I've been postponing apologizing to him, since I kissed him for the first time without warning or anything. His potential reaction was what scared me.