˗ˋ 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH SHE RETURNS

. . .

Rosie felt happy as she disappeared downstairs again, slipping back into the drawing room and into the crowd of teenagers without being noticed at all. Fred and Georg gave a brief overview of Sirius's family history, and in return Rosie told them that the doxies were sorted.

They didn't know that she had brew Wolfsbane potion - quite frankly, Rosie thought that they might think it's a little far, and they were the Weasley twins. Either of them would most likely lecture her about the dangers to Remus. Lecture was the wrong word, but something would dbe said rather strongly to her.

Because a Wolfsbane potion wasn't really something you should mess around with, but Rosie being forever confident in her potions ability, ignored that warning and tried anyways. And she had utter faith that it had worked out just fine. But she wouldn't mention anything about it to the twins until she heard back from Remus.

Following lunch ( which consisted of a platter of various sandwiches ) they spent the afternoon emptying out the silver cabinets of it's strange artefacts, and it seemed to be rather reluctant to let go of them. 

Sirius sustained a bad bite from a silver snuffbox; within seconds, his bitten hand had developed an unpleasant crusty covering like a tough brown glove. "It's okay," he said, examining the hand with interest before tapping it lightly with his wand and restoring its skin to normal. "Must be Wartcap powder in there." He threw the box aside into the sack where they were depositing the debris from the cabinets.

Rosie didn't even have to look at the twins before George darted forward, wrapping his hand in a cloth and stuffing the box into his pocket. But really, the box of Wartcap powder seemed to be the least harmful item of them all.

They found an unpleasant-looking silver instrument, something like a many-legged pair of tweezers, which scuttled up Harry's arm like a spider when he picked it up, and attempted to puncture his skin; Sirius seized it and smashed itwith a heavy book entitled Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy

There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister, tinkling tune when wound, and they all found themselves becoming curiously weak and sleepy until Ginny had the sense to slam the lid shut; also a heavy locket that none of them could open, a number of ancient seals and, in a dusty box, an Order of Merlin, First Class, that had been awarded to Sirius's grandfather for "Services to the Ministry."

"It means he gave them a load of gold," said Sirius contemptuously, throwing the medal into the rubbish sack. Several times, Kreacher sidled into the room and attempted to smuggle things away under his loincloth, muttering horrible curses every time they caught him at it. When Sirius wrested a large golden ring bearing the Black crest from his grip Kreacher actually burst into furious tears and left the room sobbing under his breath and calling Sirius names Rosie had never heard before. 

"It was my father's." said Sirius, throwing the ring into the sack. "Kreacher wasn't quite as devoted to him as to my mother, but I still caught him snogging a pair of my father's  old trousers last week."

And when that was done, the group ate a well-deserved dinner in the kitchen, all crowded round one end of the table as they listened to Sirius tell them more about his family. 

The next day, Mrs Weasley worked them just a hard, going back into the drawing to try and decontaminate the rest of it. It looked like it would take a couple more days to finish - but Rosie was rather lucky to find herself missing a day.

"Are you sure it's necessary for you to go all day?" Her father asked, looking up from his dinner that night. "Surely there's only so much one can do whilst the person they're visiting is in a coma?"

"That's not the point, dad." Rosie smiled up at her father with a shrug. "Cedric.. he is important to me. And it usually just ends up with me talking to Healer Strout even more."

"Ah yes, Rosie the little Healer." Fred grinned, eyes sliding up the table. He met Rosie's eye and winked, knowing that half the reason she was going to be taking so long was because she was visiting Diagon Alley for them.

"That's me." Rosie glared at him in return, George laughing as he returned to his food. She was going to be scouting out buildings, as well as stocking up on a feew necessary items.

And when the meal was over, the three of them instantly made their way up to their room to prepare the list of things they needed. But like always, Rosie was far too focused on thhe nerves that came with the night before visiting.

She could only hope that his condition hadn't got any worse. Him getting a little better was the best outcome, however it seemed like his condition was just going to be maintained until his body fully healed.

You see, Felix Felicis and mermaid tears could only get you so far.

a/n
reading back ngl rosie
was a bit brutal to those
doxies but girl they're pests
so like-