Chapter 49

"Just be yourself, trust me, they already love you from what I've told them." Namjoon says as he drives you to his place, where his parents are home.

You're finally going to meet them and you're incredibly nervous. 

"What if I don't live up to their standards?" you ask, gazing out of the car window.

"Y/N.." Namjoon starts, he places a hand on your thigh as he drives, "You'll surpass their standards." he says. Your nerves calm down at the tone of his voice and his touch on your skin.

"How are you so sure?"
"I know my parents and I know you. I've never doubted you and I never will." he says.
He turns up the volume on the radio a little bit, humming to the poppy tune at an attempt to lighten your mood and put you at ease, your eyes light up.

"Is this my favourite CD?" you ask, Namjoon nods with a light smile.

Namjoon pulls into the driveway, nearly backing into the garage door, but that's besides the point.

He gets out of the car and walks around to your side, opening the car door for you.

"At least my parents aren't here." you joke.
"I'm glad my parents told them off." Namjoon says.
"I'm not glad my parents told them we had sex." you sigh.

Suddenly, the front door swings opens.
"Y/N!!" A female voice yells, making you urgently turn your head.

Namjoon's mother comes running out of the front door with open arms.

"Oh, hello Ms.Kim!—."
She cuts you off, wrapping her arms around you. You watch Namjoon quietly chuckle from
over Ms.Kim's shoulder.
She lets go of you and grasps your shoulders, examining your complexion.

"God, the two of you would make beautiful children." She says under her breath.
"Alright! Why don't we go inside, mom?" Namjoon suggests, gently pulling you back by your shoulder out of his mother's clutch. She nods.

You follow behind Namjoon who's following behind Mrs.Kim into their home, you close the door behind you.

"Is she here?" you hear an excited voice come from the kitchen.

You take off your shoes and Namjoon helps you with your coat. "Of course she is!" Namjoon says, wrapping an arm around you as you walk into the kitchen.
You're walking together, but Namjoon is striding with confidence and you're uneasily shuffling your feet.

You just had a large meal with your close friends, so you're also feeling full, heavy and bloated.

"Y/N!" Namjoon's dad cheers when he sees you, he walks into the living room and places a warm pot of stew on the table, "Are you hungry?" he asks.

Your eyes widen slightly at the sight of another table full of food.

"Well? Are you guys hungry?"
"Actually, dad, y/n and I just at—."
"Starving, truly." you cut Namjoon off, smiling.

Mr.Kim looks to Namjoon, then to you, then back to Namjoon. "Great!" he says smiling in return .

You all sit together at the table, You and Namjoon on one side, Mr and Mrs.Kim on the other.