043

miya and jiwoo were back at school. the word got around quickly since everyone was shocked about namjoon's sudden expulsion. luckily, a lot of the students agreed that it was the best choice to expel namjoon from the school to prevent any more instances. they were also kind enough to not question jiwoo.

miya, however, was dreading to be at school. she couldn't help but think about how she drunkenly called taehyung, confessed all her feelings and actually remembered everything after the headache she had the following morning. she has been doing everything to avoid taehyung. fortunately for her, they've never come across each other yet.

"mi, don't be so embarrassed. at least now he knows what you feel, you haven't even heard his response," her bestfriend frowns as she leans against her locker with miya on the verge of a breakdown standing right in front of her. 

"ji, he likes someone else. he told me about her the day we were at that resort," she explained as she paced back and forth, "i just embarrassed myself, why did i even agree to drink," she whined. jiwoo snorted, "sorry, mimi. i never thought this would happen."

miya slightly slapped jiwoo's face, "shut up, it's not your fault."

they giggled together but miya paused. jiwoo noticed and furrowed her eyebrows, "whoa, what's wrong?"

"you know," miya starts holding her locket to which jiwoo grows concerned, "i'm starting to think that maybe i shouldn't wait anymore." jiwoo gasped, "HUH? WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! you swore to never take it off!"

miya faces her bestfriend with teary eyes and a sad smile, "taehyung likes someone else, ji. he's not the same one i fell in love with in. though i did fall in love with him the second time, i think it's time to let him go." miya starts to take her locket off and jiwoo paincs, "miya, wait no--"

"it's kinda a waste of time to wait for something you won't get, no?"

clutching the locket in her hands, tears now flowed on her cheeks. jiwoo tries to stop her but miya continued to walk to the nearest trashcan and lets it fall in. wiping her tears, she faces her bestfriend and says, "i need some time to think for a bit, don't follow me, okay?"

"b-but mi--"

"please?," she asks softly. hesitating for a bit, jiji heavily sighed and slowly nodded. miya gave her a sad smile before quickly walking away. once she was out of sight, jiwoo quickly rummaged through the trash to take the locket back, "this is disgusting but we gotta do what we gotta do."

finally having the locket in her hands, she quickly ran to find wherever taehyung was. she knew they were meant for each other and she wasn't going to stop until she sees them together. people were giving her looks for running around the campus but she couldn't care less. her main goal was to find taehyung as soon as possible.

panting, she reached the other side of the campus to where she saw miya's brother, jimin. "JIMIN OPPA," she called and jimin immediately noticed her and went to her, "hey, jiji. what's up?"

"no time, where's taehyung?"

jimin gave her a look before answering with, "okay uh, he's with mr. bang. miya and him got in the performance club so he's congratulating tae. which reminds me, where's miya? mr. bang wants to congratulate her too," he smiled a proud smile. jiwoo clapped her hands, happy for the both of them, "THAT'S SO COOL I'M GLAD THEY GOT IN BUT WHERE IS TAEHYUNG?," she asked a little too cheerfully. 

"he's at the library?," jimin answers a bit warry. "GREAT! THANK YOU!"

she then proceeds to run to the library. "WAIT WHERE'S MY SISTER?!," jimin yells. "SHE'S BUSY!," jiwoo yells back.

jiwoo was running out of breath but she refused to stop. finally, her eyes locked the target. taehyung was leaving the library as mr. bang bid his goodbyes. she sprints to the man and yells, "KIM TAEHYUNG!"

startled, he faces jiwoo with wide eyes, "why? what's wrong?"

"do you like someone?"

taehyung chokes on air, "WHAT?! uh no? i don't know? I DON'T KNOW," he answers both truthfully and panicked. jiwoo sighed in both relief and disappointment. relief that taehyung didn't like someone, well, from what he thinks and disappointment that miya truly believed that she didn't have a chance with taehyung. "wait, why are you asking me this?," he asks.

jiwoo paused and let her eyes roam taehyung. her eyes then locked the his bracelet that had a little key attached to it. a sudden idea popped into her wide as her eyes widened in epiphany. she quickly shoved the locket onto taehyung's hands, "wait, isn't this miya's locket? why do you have it?"

choosing to ignore his question, she starts talking. "you have a little key that could fit miya's locket and taehyung from the 18th century has the key but why do you have it? there's only one answer, YOU ARE THE SAME PERSON!," jiwoo gasped, "YES THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!"

"jiji, sorry but what are you even talking about? me from the 18th century, really?"

"right, you don't know anything...," jiwoo repeatedly taps her foot on the ground as she thinks. her eyes wandering from the locket and the key and the cycle repeats. then, another idea struck her, "THAT'S IT!," she exclaims. taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, "what's 'it'?"

"the key is the answer to everything! quick, stick it in and open the locket!," she demands. feeling threatened by the woman in front of him, he quickly goes into action. he takes off his bracelet and holds the key, ready to enter the locket. yet, he felt oddly nervous. "what are you waiting for? stick it in!"

taking a deep breath, he sticks it in and they hear a click. it unlocked. jiwoo and taehyung exchanged looks of shock. "OPEN IT OPEN IT OPEN IT," she excitedly says. taehyung gulps as he opens the locket.

his eyes widened, it was a picture of him. "oh wow she wasn't kidding when it was really you," jiwoo commented. 

"i don't remember taking this picture and giving miya the locket...," he mutters and suddenly, his eyes widened and something clicked inside of him. 

he gasped, "i remember eveything!"

▪▪▪

oooooo he remembers... 

only four chapters left....... kinda bittersweet tho </3 look forward to the next chapter babes, you don't wanna miss it ;)

// miks