your kind of rejection is even worse

"A-ah, im sorry but," i watched as they lifted a hand and sheepishly scratched their neck.

"I just don't feel the same."

Ouch.

"That's okay. I didn't expect you to."

I saw the way their eyes, caring, took in every move I made, and somehow that made this so much worse.

"Please- please don't look at me like that."

Stunned, they lifted their face up, searching mine for some clue as to what i was feeling, and whatever it was made them slowly turn and give me a look of melancholic confusion.

"Look at you like what?"

"Don't look at me with your kind eyes and understanding stature. It pains me more."

Confusion was littered across their face, in the same way shame was in mine, but neither of us could come to an understanding on why.

"Being too nice.. pains you? Would you rather me be mean."

"Yes."

No hesitation. They saw that and raised their eyebrows.

"I don't understand."

I sighed.

"See, knowing you can give out such caring stares makes this hurt more. Its not like your not capable of loving or giving love, its just that person isn't me. And watching you be nice even after rejecting me really paints the full picture. I know its not your fault, its why i fell in love with you. I guess it just hurts knowing you're so full of love and i'll never receive it."