Chapter 46

Tony’s POV

“I think it’s nice that you invited Evie and Donny to come tour Charleston with us today,” my mom says while washing the dishes. I take a plate from her and dry it off. “It’ll be fun for all of us.”

“Yeah,” I nod. “I love being with them. Plus, Emily will have someone to hang out with too.”

“Es la verdad.” (That's true.) We finish up the dishes and my mom helps Emily get ready for the orientation and tour at Charleston today. Everyone that’s been accepted will be there today and so will their families. Since it’s such a nice school, everyone is expected to dress just as nice.

I go into my room and slip on a pair of slacks. I put on my new button-down shirt, tuck it in, and try to tie my tie. It takes me three tries. In the end, it’s still a little crooked but I leave it that way. Finally, I brush my hair. Evie made me cut it and I’m glad. I look kind of professional.

“They’re here!” Emily screams from the living room. A few seconds later, I hear her and Donny laughing and my mom talking to Evie. I throw on a pair of dress shoes and go into the living room.

When I see Evie, everything freezes. She’s in a light green dress, the same color as my shirt, and the top half is covered in flowers. Her hair is flatironed and it’s the first time I’ve seen it straight. It reaches past her shoulders and looks so much longer.

“Hey you.” She smiles at me and walks over to me. She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me softly on the lips. “Can I fix your tie?”

I nod because I don’t know what to say. We’ve almost been dating for a year yet I’m always amazed to see her body. Her dress is flowy but it holds her snugly uptop. She looks incredible.

“There,” she says, caressing my face. “And I like your shirt.”

“Thanks,” I finally say. “My girlfriend bought it for me.”

“Your girlfriend is a genius.” Evie kisses me once more. “It matches your eyes.”

“And it matches your dress.” I wrap my hands around her waist. “You look beautiful Evie.”

Her dark cheeks get a little red. “Thanks.”

I reach up and run my hands through her hair. It’s so… soft.

“You like it?” She asks.

“It’s beautiful,” I say. “I think I like the curls a little more though.”

“Really?” She smiles. “I thought you’d like this.”

“It’s beautiful. The curls are just more you.” I let go of her hair.

“I’ll remember that.” Evie kisses me again.

“So I was thinking that after Charleston, we could…” My mom trails off when she sees us kissing.

“Sorry.” Evette pulls back, embarrassed. My mom just laughs at us and goes back down the hallway.

“I feel like an idiot,” Evie covers her eyes with her hand. “That was so embarrassing.”

“She understands.” I smile.

Donny and Emily follow my mom back up the hallway a few seconds later. Emily is in a yellow dress and Donny has on a light blue polo shirt and dark jeans. Their clothes are already wrinkled.

“Were you guys playing in the room?” Evie bends down and tries to straighten out Donny’s shirt.

“Yup,” Donny responds, backing away from Evie. “We made a tunnel and crawled through it.”