Chapter 81 | time, mystical time

-----------------------> REGULUS BLACK'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, detesting that the curtains had been thrown open to allow the sunlight to bleed into his bedroom

-----------------------> REGULUS BLACK'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, detesting that the curtains had been thrown open to allow the sunlight to bleed into his bedroom. It was the summer holidays and Regulus wished to pass time by sleeping. Sleep beckoned him with a siren's call, slowly inviting him to venture into the realm of Morpheus once more. Unfortunately, that was the moment he distinctly became aware of an unusually.

Silence.

He could hear no noise. No arguments between Sirius and Kreacher, no exchanges of threatening teases by his parents, nothing.

Knitting his brows together, Regulus willed himself awake, forcing himself to leap out of his comfortable bed to make his way downstairs. He was still disconcerted and groggy, dressed in his nightclothes and his normally carefully coiffed dark hair was for sure sticking up at all angles. However, he was home, so Regulus didn't bother with appearances.

Kreacher was dutifully waiting for him at the end of the staircase. "Master Regulus is finally awake."

Regulus yawned loudly at that moment before covering his mouth. Then, he shook his head, blinking a few times to focus on Kreacher.

"Master Regulus is not completely awake," Kreacher amendedhis earlier statement, resigned.

Regulus laughed, his sleep dwindling as he ran his fingers through his hair, trying to make it presentable. "Good morning, Kreacher," he greeted, proceeding to look around with a frown. "Where are everybody?"

"Master Sirius has gone to visit the family of blood-traitors," Kreacher informed him in a crisp and clip tone.

"And mum and dad?" Regulus asked, using his hand to rub his eyes.

"Master and Mistress are at the Planetarium."

Regulus halted his motions, returning his hands to the pockets of his trousers. "Mum and dad are at the Planetarium? So early in the morning?"

"It's nearly noon, Master Regulus," Kreacher pointed out before absentmindedly adding, "Mistress Lyra has returned."

His statement acted as a switch and Regulus instantly brightened like a firecracker. "Lyra's back!" He jumped and dashed towards the floo, tuning out Kreacher telling him to eat breakfast.

Regulus stepped inside the fire-place wearing a smile that could light up their grey town. He pinched a little bit of the floo powder and threw it down yelling, "The Planetarium", as he became embraced by the flames.

When the embers had reduced, transporting him to the gold embellished wallpapers of the Planetarium, Regulus jovially stepped out, saying, "Lyra, I'm so glad you are—"

Regulus halted mid-statement because he became distinctly enlightened of two aspects simultaneously. The first being Lyra's absence despite her having apparently returned while the second was the sombre, forlorn air of the room, along with the blank faces of his normally eccentric family members.