Damn it.

“Tristan? How is that possible?” Elijah asked.

“I don’t know. What I do know is that he is not working alone.” Klaus replied through the phone. He had immediately taken off in his car after regaining consciousness.

“What makes you say that?” Rebekah asked.

“Tristan has no reason to take Aliza, not unless he’s getting something in return.”

“Aurora,” Vincent mumbled. Tristan, even though cunning, could never get himself out of the ocean. 

They had a rule to never mess with kids. Tristan wasn’t a fool to target Aliza in such a way. Aliza was still inexperienced in terms of her strength and magic. She wouldn’t be of much use to Tristan.

“Yeah but we’ve hidden her. No one knows about her.” Freya said.

Kol asked, “Who would offer him such a bargain?” 

“I have no bloody idea,” Klaus said through gritted teeth before disconnecting the call. The only thing that was in his mind was Aliza, he was going to find her and gut those who hurt his niece.

“It has to be a witch.”

Elijah’s head snapped to see Katherine as she walked into the house behind Marcel. His heart clenched at the sight of her.

Katherine explained, noticing the confused look on everyone's faces, “I was in town, Aliza was supposed to call me.” 

She had tried calling Aliza, to ask about her address but she wasn’t answering her phone. Katherine decided to grab a drink as she waited for Aliza to call her back. But instead Marcel showed up, telling her what happened.

“I saw her at a bar,” Marcel added. Caroline had told him about what exactly happened in Mystic Falls. When he informed Katherine about Aliza’s abduction, he could see just how much she was worried for her.

“Where is Rome?” Vincent asked.

Marcel frowned, “He’s not here?”

Vincent immediately pulled his phone out and began dialling Rome’s number. 

His stomach dropped when the voice told him his phone was switched off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So what were you like when you were human?” Aliza asked. She shifted her weight towards the right side, her legs were numb and she could see marks being formed on her wrists because of the metal.

Lucien stared at her for a few moments, the girl was one strange person he’d met in a while. If she was pretending to not be scared, he had to admit, she was doing a fantastic job at it. She seemed tired but so far didn’t ask for water or food, made no attempts to escape, and hadn’t shed a single tear. 

That wasn’t what struck him as odd, it was the conversation he’d been having with her. She wasn’t interested in knowing what was going to happen or how long would she be held captive. 

She was more interested in getting to know him, his past, his side of the story. He remembered when he held Camille captive, how she was trying to figure his motives out, asking him why he was doing what he was doing. But this girl was trying to get to know Lucien as who he was not as what he was showing her.

“Weak,” He answered.

Aliza didn’t say anything in return, letting the pause linger between them.