thirty: sulk

The next day, Haechan is packed with schedules- both with NCT Dream and NCT 127.

It also, happens to be the second day of him and Eunwol being in an official romantic relationship.

When he got home at midnight, he accidentally bumped into Renjun who came out to the kitchen to get water.

Long story short, all the Dream members know about the fresh couple as well.

"Eunwol. Eunwol-ah," Donghyuck recites over and over again, trying to get his makeup artist's attention and she finally, surrenders.

"wHat? I'm trying to get my salary here!" She complains and retracts her brush away.

He suddenly, pecks her cheek with a goofy grin spread on his face which broadens after.

Her heart leaps and her irritation dissolves but she still, punches his shoulder lightly. "We have to be careful, remember??"

Donghyuck spins in his chair with arms raised high. "No one's here!"

"Hey! We are!" Chenle argues as he sits at the refreshments table with the other five.

"They count as no one!" Haechan claims to her.

"What??" Mark sounds.

"Still!" Eunwol insists.

"And, she didn't deny," Jeno comments while laughing at the others' betrayed faces.

Donghyuck twirls back to the mirror and frowns with his bottom lip puckered out slightly. "Yah! Don't you love me?"

"I do butㅡ"

"But?" He emphasizes and scoffs in disbelief. "Wow, I didn't expect there to be a 'but.'"

Eunwol furrows at his sulky scowl and turns his head to face her. "Are you seriously angry right now?"

"No," he curtly replies and pulls away.

She bends forward to his face. "Rrrrealllyyyy?"

"How many times must I say it?" He snaps, sulking and right after, Jisung drops his candy bar.

The plastic crunches cut through their bickering and Haechan naturally starts playing with his phone, ignoring her.

Eunwol continues her task while checking his expression every now and then.

Not even a hint of a smile is there. He's mad. This time he's mad upset.

"Would you go for a darker brown or lighter? One gives a more defined look while the other, a softer look," Wol explains and she anticipates his answer.

He hasn't said a word since the argument.

Donghyuck inhales sharply, deliberately loud and focuses on his phone. "Whatever you want."

She's deflated like a popped balloon and a weak, "Okay..." leaves her before she takes out the pallette.

The idol's chest wrenches at his frigid attitude but he's determined and will continue being so no matter how bratty it might look.

Because, from how she's acting, it's as if he's the only one genuinely in love and it's bothering hiㅡ

Shocked gasps emit from the six other and again, Jisung's candy bar drops.

Even, Donghyuck, the one with an unbreakable ego and pride is defeated by her surprising kiss on his forehead.

"Sorry, I guess I was too strict. You have enough rules in your life," she apologizes as she stands up straight- arms wrapped around his neck.
"I love you."

He stays still before tossing his head back to look at her- a corner of his lips tugging up roguishly.
"You should aim lower next time."

She furrows when he suddenly, runs his tongue on his bottom lip coquettishly and flashes a playful wink.

Her heart races crazily and blood rushes to her face- stumbling on her steps.

"Iㅡ uh," she stutters, unable to erase his tease away and laughs awkwardly. "Work! Right, work!"

Donghyuck laughs triumphantly at his effective dominance- enjoying every moment of her being a nervous wreck.

"Hyung!" Jisung complains from the side, feeling embarrassed and disgusted while the others pretend to barf.

Jaemin being an exception and actually, cooing at the interaction like a proud mom.