Chapter 18

Lisa's POV:

Jennie's dad passed away last Monday, and it's Saturday now. It's the day of the funeral, and I can't even imagine how Jennie is feeling. I've tried to be here for her as much as I can, but she's just been so distant. She's shutting me out. I just want her to talk to me, and open up to me. I'm her girlfriend and I just want to help.

Jennie is already up, and I'm just barely getting out of bed. I yawn and stretch before getting up. Jennie is sitting down doing her makeup.

I walk over to her and kiss her cheek. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"No thanks."

"Are you sure?" I offer again.

She nods.

"If there's anything I can do, just please let me know."

"Thanks."

I miss my warm and bubbly Jennie. She doesn't deserve this. I seriously can't imagine how hard this is on her... I could never imagine finding the body of a loved one. It must have been so traumatic... I just wish I could take her pain away...

I take a shower, and after I'm done I start to get ready. I've never been to a funeral before, but I know you're supposed to wear all black. Jennie is wearing a black dress, so I guess I'll do the same.

When we're both done getting ready, we head out to the car. My mom was already out there waiting for us. My mom drives, and I sit in the back with Jennie and just hold her hand.

We park at the church and go inside. I've only been in a church a few times, but it's basically like I imagined it. Jennie and I sit in the front, while my mother goes off to do something. We're early, and not everyone is here yet.

I grab her hand again and kiss it. "Are you okay?" As soon as it comes out of my mouth, I regret it. What a stupid question. Of course, she isn't okay.

"Fine." She didn't even look at me.

"I love you, Jennie." I lean over and kiss her cheek. "It's going to be okay baby, I promise. I'm here for you no matter what."

"Yeah."

Yeah? Not even an I love you too? I can't be upset... Today isn't about me. It's about her, and I just need to be here for her. She's just in pain... I hate seeing her this way.

Chaeyoung and Jisoo make their way over to us and sit down next to me.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Jisoo smiles politely at her.

"I am too, I'm always here for you Jennie." Chaeyoung also smiles.

"You guys aren't sorry, you didn't even know him." She glares at them.

Her eyes just have a cold icy look.

"I know we didn't, but I know how it feels to lose someone. I'm sure he really loved you Jennie, and just wants the best for you." Chaeyoung smiles again.

Nina laughs. "Oh yeah, Chaeyoung he loved me so much! The only time he even acknowledged me was when he was high or drunk and needed a punching bag. I was good for one thing, he just love taking his anger out on me. I'll sure miss the feeling of his fist against my face or the feeling of him kicking me in the ribs. Good times."

Jennie stands up and moves to another row, and I follow her.

"Do you need something?" She asks when I sit down next to her.

"No... Can I not sit by you?" I ask.

"Just go back and sit with your friends Lisa."