Chapter 36

"Royal father. This unfilial son beg you to dismiss Li Wei Wei from the punishment." Liu Qi stand in front of his father chamber.

"Qi Er you do know that Feng Xujin is not someone you can afford to mess with. I don't know what is your intention towards Li Wei Wei but I would like you to stopped." The laying on bed emperor trying to counsel his son.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just trying to save Liu Bao. If anyone heard that, they will accuse us on punishing an innocent people." Liu Qi maintain his posture and expression.

It feels right to help her rather than adding fuel into the fire. He could just incite his royal father but he don't know what stopping him.

"I hope what you're saying is right." His Majesty release a relief breath.

"First Prince Liu He have arrived." A sudden announcement broke through His Majesty Chamber.

"Royal Father I hope you're just fine." Liu He quickly greeted.

"I am actually here to ask you about Li Wei Wei. Her punishment is still ongoing right?" Liu He added.

"Tell the guard to release her in an instant." His father command shook him.

"What?! I mean why royal father?" Liu He couldn't control his tone.

"After a long consideration, Liu Bao is also at fault and a royal garden is not a big matter. Don't talk about this matter anymore. Now dismiss." His Majesty wouldn't admit that Feng Xujin is too powerful to become their enemy.

"Yes royal father." Liu He glared at Liu Qi cause he could guess he is the one who persuaded him.

"This son will take his leave first." Liu Qi quickly leave.

—————

"Why would Liu Qi save me?" Her eyes almost bulging out.

She look at her husband curiously. Her husband look back at her and it made her nervous so she quickly look away.

"I literally slapped him and he saved me? It's so weird." She rant about the oddness.

"Anyway, as long as I am free it doesn't matter. I will repay him later. I don't want to owe him anything." She huff at herself.

After a long time rambling alone, she realised that Feng Xujin were very quiet. Like seriously more quiet than before.

"Jin Jin is there something wrong with you?" She pulled his robe down. He bend his body down to her height. His sour face on view.

"I failed you." It was one sentence but it breaks Li Wei Wei's heart.

"No you didn't. I am glad that Sin stopped you. Even if they hurt me, I wouldn't want you to place yourself in danger. I would never want that. Never in a million years. In this lifetime, you will live peacefully forever." She look deeply into his eyes. She saw that he is helpless.

"And we will consider that Liu Qi helping as a luck. Okay? We will thanked him and it's over. And one more thing. You didn't failed me and you never will. Don't blame yourself for everything that happened. It is fate." Li Wei Wei added with a smile on her face.

"Okay?"

"Hmm." He could only nodded his head when she saw she is earnestly trying to convince him.

"You are so cute!" She accidentally pinched his face.

Feng Xujin was about to deny her exclamation but another presence disrupted them.

"Greetings the Second Prince." Li Wei Wei started when she see that the two of them keep staring at each other.

"Feng Xujin." Liu Qi unwillingly called him.

"Liu Qi." Feng Xujin muttered his name as a greet.

"I'm glad that you're released." Liu Qi try to ease the awkward situation.

"Thanks to you, Your Highness. I was able to get out. Right Jin Jin?" Li Wei Wei don't want to make Feng Xujin feel left out so she try to include him in the conversation.

"Mmm." Feng Xujin only nodded then he look away again. He don't know why but these days he feel so insecure whenever he is around Li Wei Wei.

"It was nothing. I was just correcting royal father that Liu Bao is also at fault even though he is my brother. Even if I don't do anything, Xujin would have done anything to get you out." It feels so awkward that Liu Qi just randomly said something.

Liu Qi was well aware of Feng Xujin's capabilities and it is more than sufficient just to save his woman.

"Uhmmm. Nonetheless, I want to thank you for doing so and probably next time I will repay you back." Li Wei Wei want to end the conversation as soon as possible.

"We will take our leave first Your Highness. Thank you once again. And bye." She quickly dragged Feng Xujin away from there.

——————

P.S.

An extra chapter for you!
Literally brainstorming while writing this one since I wrote it in a very short time.
I hope you enjoy it! Thank you 🙏🏻