- Chapter 12 -

TW// suicide mentions
Grian's POV
Grian woke up in a soft bed. He sat up, the blanket falling off his chest. The immediate thought popped into his head as soon as he was fully conscious.

False.

The Watcher slid out of bed. He stumbled for a moment but was quickly navigating his way out of.. wherever he was.

I need to save her, Grian thought anxiously. She'd been falsely arrested.

But how was he supposed to save her? He had zero idea where he was, in addition to having literally nothing on him. He wouldn't be able to save False empty-handed. And he couldn't unleash his wings, it was to risky.

If Grian could get his hands on an elytra and firerockets, or maybe a few tools...

Footsteps caught his attention. He slammed himself against the wall, holding his breath. He had to stay out of others sight, they'd probably keep him cooped up in a room like the one he'd woken up in.

"He still hasn't woken up," somebody said, worry clear in their voice. If Grian had to guess, it was probably Xisuma.

"Mumbo probably knocked him out good," a chillingly familiar voice said. Sam.

Why are him and X together? Grian wondered, clenching his fists together.

"Hows False?" X asked. Their voices sounded terrifyingly close. Grian looked around frantically. He needed a place to properly hide.

"I moved her to my base and reorganized my basement into a jail area," Sam said casually. Grian perked up. "She can't and won't escape."

"That's good," X sighed in relief.

That was all he needed to hear. Grian looked around frantically and took off running in the opposite direction of the voices. Maybe there was a window he could jump out of or something.

"HEY!" He heard someone yell. They must've heard him run.

Gotta hide, gotta hide... Grian thought frantically.

Natural daylight caught his attention. He inhaled quickly, putting an extra boost in his step as he made it to what seemed like a balcony.

Grian ran over to the rail and looked down. It was an alarmingly long drop. A plan formed in his mind. A risky plan, but if it worked he'd be able to escape.

He climbed up onto the other side of the rail, about to take his leap of faith.

"GRIAN!" Someone shouted from behind him. He nearly fell off the edge from surprise, but managed to keep his balance.

He glanced behind him and saw Xisuma and Sam in the doorway. Well, there went his original plan.

"You don't have to do this," X said carefully, slowly advancing toward him.

Oh, Grian was startled. Did they think he wanted to off himself?

Okay, maybe he did. Sometimes. He had temptations, but lately... In the chaos of everything he hasn't has time to take any thought to himself.

Grian shook his head, glancing down. Somebody grabbed his arm and he looked up at them sharply, coming face to face with Sam, pickaxe in the other hand.

Not again.. I'm not doing this again, Grian thought, fighting down panic.

And so he punched Sam square in the nose as hard as he could. The male jumped back in surprise, dropping his pickaxe and clasping his hands over his mouth and nose.

Grian quickly grabbed the diamond pickaxe, jabbing Xisuma in the chest with the handle as the admin tried to grab him, and jumped.

He felt his chest constrict as he fell. He wasn't one for making quick decisions, so that was sure a problem.

Only one way out of this, the Watcher thought, releasing his wings in a flurry of purple feathers.

He kicked in the air, flapping his wings quickly and half gliding, half falling to the ground.

The minute his feet touched the grassy floor he hid his wings again. He'd never had to do anything like that before. Spots danced in his vision which he ignored.

Since the server would probably be on his tail here real soon, he should get moving.

It was just then Grian finally realized he was at X's base. He'd been in a sturdy looking tower that seemed like it'd been thrown together rather quickly.

I need to get to the shopping district, Grian thought. All he had was a pickaxe though.

He had to make this work. For False.

Grian began to walk through the jungle, wary. He couldn't run right now, the sun was setting. Mobs were gonna start spawning and it was gonna be dark, so he didn't want to run into anything. Plus he needed to save energy.

>- ->

After a long, exhausting night, Grian finally made it to the shopping district.

It shouldn't have been as hard as it was to find X's portal, but he'd gotten lost in the forest and had to backtrack.

The nether was another challenge altogether. For starters it was extremely hot, and that made him even more drowsy. He'd unleashed his wings to save time, positive nobody would be travelling there at the moment.

Grian took in a deep breath of fresh, overworld air. He hid his wings quickly, and once they were gone his ears started ringing. His vision went all static like, and his legs felt extremely weak. He couldn't see, everything was blurred in a distorted type way.

He made it down to the main path and went to the nearest building, stumbling over his own feet.

I'll save you False, Grian swore as he crouched in the darkest corner he could find. I'll save you.

Authors note//
If anyone ships Grian and False I will be very very upset. pls dont

Anyway the next chapter may also be a bit boring. 14 will be interesting tho i swear

Anyway its 1am nearly 2 i need to stop writing these things at this hour im off ti bed goodnight