Arc 4: Chapter 85

The last autumn leaf that held on strongly finally flew into the cold air, every tree now naked with no leaves on it. Soon the lands were covered in white, creating a pure blissful scenery.

Elenor dazedly gazed outside, watching tiny white specks fall to the ground silently. It had been a few days since she saw Judas after the party.

She hasn't been able to meet with Lloyd as well. Every time she asked, he would decline and say he had things he needed to do at that moment.

She couldn't tell if he was lying or being serious so she could only let him be and wait patiently for the next thing to come. Other than Lloyd, she took note of how she hasn't seen Alec anywhere.

If she did stumble upon Hera, she would be with different men each time, never sticking to one like before this with Alec. She knew something was up but she could only watch from afar and wait.

"Elenor?" Rosina called out to her as she knocked on her door.

"Come in Rosina, what is it?" Elenor asked in a gentle tone.

Rosina smiled and sat beside her on the sofa. "I was wondering where you've been. You and Lloyd seem to be busy these past few days."

Elenor lightly laughed, "I didn't steal your Lloyd don't worry. Is Isabella sulking that we haven't been having our usual tea time together?" she teased.

Rosina's cheeks flushed red before shaking her head wildly, "Of course I know that! Geez Elenor sometimes your teasing is too much," she pouted before adding on, "Isabella is grumbling how she's been wanting to try this new tea that just recently came to Vaidia."

"She could always try it herself first but she's too shy to admit that she just wants to drink with us." Elenor said which made the two laugh.

They chatted a bit more before someone else barged into her room. It was a maid that was from the west building they were living at temporarily.

"Lady Elenor, his highness is seeking for you." the maid said.

"His highness? Prince Judas?" Elenor double confirmed.

The maid nodded. Elenor dismissed her and got up from the sofa.

"Sorry I have to suddenly leave Rosina." she apologised, feeling a bit bummed out that she couldn't talk to her longer than she wanted.

Rosina smiled and shook her head, "Don't worry, you should see why his highness is suddenly calling for you. I'll go look for Lloyd or see if Isabella isn't in the mood to pursue Sir Richard at the moment."

Elenor nodded and left the building with a royal guard who was waiting for her. She had worn a thick dress and layered it with another winter coat to ensure she wouldn't freeze to death in this winter breeze.

He brought her to where Judas was waiting and immediately left after he had fulfilled his duty, not forgetting to bow before Judas.

They were standing in the middle of a garden. It was filled with flowers and bright green bushes which were trimmed nicely and now covered in snow as well, fitting nicely in the vast garden.

Though it was much smaller than the others Elenor had seen, especially the one in the greenhouse, it was still beautiful and she could tell it had been kept tidy and well for a long time.

Judas was staring at an old tree, his cheeks and nose red from the cold air.

The bare tree looked about double her age, seeing how wrinkly and somewhat withered yet when she noticed how Judas looked at it, she could tell it had some kind of meaning to him.

She let out a hot burst of breath, creating smoke out of her lips before slowly walking closer to him. She stopped a few feet away, not wanting to disturb him with her presence.

Judas let out a sigh, creating a wisps of smoke that came out of his mouth before he turned to his left, finally noticing Elenor who was bundled up in her winter clothes.

He was wearing a suit that kept the warmth inside and had a winter coat as well as a scarf that wrapped around his neck. He chuckled at the sight of Elenor before walking closer to where she was standing at.

"Are you cold?" was his first question to her.

She nodded, her nose already feeling numb to the cold. She didn't wear a scarf so she scrunched her neck up like a turtle hiding into their shell.

Judas laughed before removing his scarf around his neck and placing it around hers. He took a step back and looked at her.

"You look so small." Judas commented, stifling his laugh.

Elenor rolled her eyes, knowing she was perfectly average height for females, it was just him who was extremely tall.

"Why did you suddenly call me out here?" she asked after thanking him for the scarf. It gave her warmth, especially for her face.

She buried her face into the scarf, her nose finally becoming less numb. Judas only looked on at her before answering her question.

"I talked with Lloyd before meeting you," he began, his hands hiding inside the pockets of his winter coat.

"What did you both discuss?" she asked, rubbing her two hands which were covered with winter gloves.

He shook his head, "Nothing much, most of the things were already dealt with. I did not forget our deal before this." he smiled, his pearly white teeth shining.

Judas bringing up the deal they had made previously rang through her ears. She lightly smiled, "Are you doing it now? Is that why you called for me?"

He nodded, casually taking hold of her hand and placed a fleeting yet warm kiss before looking directly into her eyes.

"Prince Judas what-"

"I promise I will do whatever it takes to get him back to you." he spoke before releasing his hold on her hand.

Elenor stared at him bewildered by his actions but all he returned was a shy smile before turning back to the tree he had been looking at this whole time even before she came to meet him.

"Every time I see this tree, it somewhat calms me.." Judas muttered, extending his hand out to touch one of its branches.

It was for a short moment before he let it go and gazed over to Elenor, "You should head back now or else you might turn into a snowman." he joked.

She let out a small laugh at his joke, "Alright, I don't want to waste anymore of your time as well. Have a good day Prince Judas and do take care of yourself."

Elenor bowed stiffly under all her clothing before walking away but to Judas it looked more like she was a penguin waddling away from him.

He couldn't help but smile as he watched her disappear into the distance, leaving him alone in the garden.

The smile never disappeared from his lips even as he looked up at the sky, the tiny specks of snow raining down on him.

"You never waste my time." he mumbled before chuckling, finally leaving the garden as well.

After that, he left for where Hera was at. His strides were long and confident. His yellow eyes were fixated and unwavering. Stopping in front of the building Hera lived in, he took one good look at it before a servant noticed him.

He turned to the servant and with a dominating voice, he said, "Tell Hera I came to see her."

---

Author's note: i'm thinking if i should post twice today ε-('・`) フ also sorry if there are errors or typos!