YOU KINDA HAVE TO NOW.

ava sat beside christian on the plane. it was a seven hour flight from toronto to london so naturally she made sure to bring a book. they sat in first class with brandon and ethan sitting in the seats directly across and one row behind.

"are you excited to see mom?" christian said breaking their silence. ava pulled off one airpod, "not particularly. you?"

christian repeatedly tapped his fingers on the armrest, "nah."

"you think she'll actually spend more than five minutes with us this time?" ava asked.

he shook his head, "like a 95 to 5 percent chance."

"right." ava nodding while putting her airpod back in.

"how long you think until this thing takes off?" ethan asked brandon, looking towards where ava was sitting.

"not long i guess." brandon said looking out the window at them loading luggage.

"mhm" he mumbled getting up from his seat.

he walked over to christian, "yo can we switch?"

christian furrowed his eyebrows looking to ava, who wasn't paying attention, and back at ethan, "why?"

"b's pissed at me and wont tell me why." ethan lied.

christian looked to brandon, still looking out the window, "fine."

he got up and sat beside brandon. ethan slide into his seat. brandon hadn't even noticed they switched seats.

"so why are you pissed at ethan?" christian asked settling in his seat.

brandon finally broke focus from the window, "im not pi-" he started until he saw ethan sitting next to ava, "oh it's nothing serious, i was just ignoring him for shits and giggles, ya know."

christian was about to speak when brandon got a notification:

he looked at what he thought was his phone. christian glanced and laughed, "uh, why is your screensaver octavia and izzie? that's super weird mate."

"it isn't." brandon said surprised. christian rolled his eyes, "it literally is."

brandon shook his head, "no i mean this isn't my phone. i was at izzies house yesterday we must've switched. i literally haven't been on it since i left."

"you were at izzie's house last night??" christian asked mockingly.

"i have to switch them back right? before we leave?" brandon said getting up.

"i doubt you'll be able t-" christian started before being interrupted,

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Welcome aboard Air Canada flight 0430 to London. Thank you for your attention while important safety information is reviewed. In preparation for departure, be certain that your seat back is straight up and your tray table is stowed."

"fuck" brandon groaned sitting back down in his seat.

ava was trying her best to ignore ethans attempts at speaking to her, "what don't you get, ethan? i don't wanna speak to you."

it was very cold and ethan could feel it. he tried to brush it off while the flight attendant continued,

"Ladies and gentlemen, please be seated. Our flight is ready for departure."

ethan turned to look at a frustrated ava, "mhm well, you kinda have to now."

ava sunk in her seat as ethan kept the grin on his face.

a.n. who doesn't check their phone first thing in the morning.