Chapter 46 - Successor

Jake and Yves are on their way to Yves' house when he saw a music store that's still open. He got excited and held Yves' hand, leading her inside the music store with musical instruments.

"Good evening." The seller greeted them. It's a familiar face to the both of them. It's a well knows person in town who basically plays a lot of instruments. It's Bang Chan. Behind him playing an acoustic guitar is one of his best mate, Jisung.

"Welcome!" Chan waved at Jake, knowing he also studied in Australia. There's an instant connection between the two of course.

"Hyung, can I borrow a violin? I want to play my girlfriend a lullaby she likes." He asked for permission because the violin's are behind the counters unlike the guitars and keys. He has to ask for assistance.

"Sure. Here you go. Jake right?" Chan asked.

"Yes." Jake responded, smiling shyly.

He tried to tune the violin at first. Yves was already impressed. He looked cool holding a musical instrument. He seems unreal. He's intelligent, sporty, handsome and musically talented. She can't believe that she's dating this talented guy in front of her.

He's just so perfect to be with her.

"Here it goes." Jake said and started playing.

As soon as Yves heard the first notes, it made her tear up. It's like her childhood went by so fast. She always dreamed of hearing this song through a music box that she couldn't afford and when she did, she still feel like it's not for her. She just bought a same toy as her friend. Now, someone is playing it for her.

She clapped her hand as soon as Jake stopped playing. "That's so cool. I should've recorded it." She said.

"You didn't have to. I'll take it." He told Chan that he'll purchase the violin.

"We have something for pros. That's for beginner." Chan offered Jake. Jake chose a new violin he's comfortable with. He looked more cool the way he checked all the important parts.

The two proceeds to walk to Yves' home. Jake played her the violin once again until she fell asleep.

He waited until she's comfortably sleeping before he left the house. He has decided to walk along to the dorms. He's smiling happily as he hummed the melody of Yves' favorite lullaby. It took him some time to figure out there's footsteps following behind him. That's when he unconsciously started to accelerate his pace.

He's just so relieved that he's not with Yves right now, or he'd get her in trouble. If he's being chased right now, what if all the others are being chased as well. Jake saw the direction to Ten's art gallery and ran in that direction. He knew that there's always people there to help. If they're all there, it's his lucky day.

"Stop right there Shim Jaeyoon or we'll shoot!" The man chasing him warned him making him stop his tracks and raise his hands. He bit his lips and shut his eyes closed in frustration. He's almost there. Just a few blocks and he's safe.

"Where's Jay Park?" The man behind him asked as he pressed the gun on Jake's head.

"I have no idea man." Jake responded.

"Answer truthfully." The man said as he hit Jake's head with his gun lightly, making Jake feel like an animal.

He felt helpless.

"Dude, do you really think I'd lie when a gun's pointed in my head? Even if you torture me for answers, I can't provide you an information I don't have." Jake responded, making the man behind him annoyed and feel disrespected, kicking Jake behind his knees causing him to kneel on the ground.