42

Chaerin looked outside the window and let out a deep sigh. The rain never seemed to stop, it drizzled, before pouring heavily on the roof, accompanied by a gust of wind.

With an arm draped around her shoulder, Yoongi arranged all the books on the shelf according to their titles, his fingers brushing against the edges.

"So... no K-dramas now, huh?"

Chaerin turned towards him, grabbing a book from the shelf and flipping through its pages. Her eyes flickered over, not concentrating on what she was reading.

"It's the last day." Her voice was unusually low and deep. She abruptly turned towards him. "That's what we-I had promised."

"All this-" she ran her fingers on the surface of the book, "-was just for a year, wasn't it?"

His lips were pressed into a thin, hard line, dark eyes locking with hers. With his chalky pale skin, tousled blue hair, and chocolate brown eyes, it was almost impossible to believe he was real.

Well, almost.

The way he casually slung an arm around her shoulder was enough evidence.

Yoongi slightly nodded, straightening himself.

And that's when she felt her legs going weak. She recovered her composure immediately. That idea of him being her k-drama partner sounded absurd at first, knowing that she was almost blackmailing him for what had happened.

But he looked like he didn't care. He didn't care whether she told that to Jin or not. The truth was that all he cared was for her.

Meanwhile, Yoongi's thoughts were running inside his head. It was strange; he thought. At first, he couldn't wait to leave from this shitty idea. And now, he was glad he had one more day.

It's crazy how just because of one dare, you get to meet a person who you find annoying at first and then fall head over heels in love with them.

And the only excuse he had to meet her every day was being her K-drama partner. How pathetic.

As if she read his mind she began, "I mean, I didn't mean to spy on you. I was just passing by while you were steali-taking the letter from his locker." She continued, her voice full of guilt, "And I just wanted you to be my k-drama partner because- I know it sounds like blackmail. But I shouldn't have-"

"Chaerin?"

His voice was low and alluring enough to make her stop immediately. She turned towards him, her almond-shaped eyes locking with his.

A twinge of sympathy washed over the male, his pulse quickened when he realized what he was about to say.

He knew that if he told this, she'd ask him 'why.' She would question why he still stayed even though Jin knew the truth and then he would have no choice but to confess.

His dark eyes confused her, not showing the thoughts in his head. Every muscle in his body tensed as he said, "Chaerin, Jin already knows it."

That wasn't something she had expected. She shot to her feet. Surprise flitted across her face as she knit her eyebrows, "Then why'd you-why would you even-?"

Her tone was light, eyes evident with curiosity that didn't meet his. Honestly, she couldn't even understand why he would do that. What was fun in watching a k-drama every single week with an annoying girl who had almost black-mailed you?

It was a deal, wasn't it? Nothing more.

Her gaze shifted and settled on his lips, he was so close to her she couldn't stand it. Despite being in his room, all she could think about was him.

And she resisted the impulse to lean in and connect her lips with his. It was not the time for that. What she needed was an explanation.

As if he read her mind, he muttered, "At first, I did want to leave. And that letter, I didn't steal it. It was because of a dare I agreed to do. I regretted it. A lot. But then, I was glad that I could meet you because of it."

Yoongi locked his eyes with hers. "I threw the letter away, I didn't even want to look at it."

He knew the letter was written for Chaerin, but he kept that part for himself, rather than telling her. Yoongi knew Chaerin looked at Jin as if he was her older brother, and he didn't want to make things awkward.

A smile tugged at the edge of his mouth. "And about why I didn't tell you..." He intertwined fingers with her. "I enjoy watching it with you. It didn't feel like a promise, you know. Maybe, not because I like watching it but because you're the one who's with me."

Her eyes lit up, and she pursed her lips to hold back a smile. "You're still annoying, of course." His eyes were softer than ever, in contrast to what he had said. "but I like that."

Yoongi shot to his feet. "And really, the truth is." He stumbled a bit and cleared his throat. "That I don't want this to be over."

Her eyes sparkled, but she still had it fixed on him, drinking in every word.

Yoongi straightened himself. His eyes were gloriously intense as he uttered the last sentence, "Because I love you."