Chapter 37: Displacement

ELLA'S POV

I love him.

I love Gideon.

Who would not?

After almost 6 months of dating I am finally admitting to myself that I really love him.

Is it too fast? Before I think it is yes but after I read a ton of werewolf stories heck I am slow. Those suckers say I love you immediately after saying MINE!

When can I tell him? Maybe later after work. I am so excited!

It's been a few days after my egg and sperm donor visited. That's the only thing I remember in biology honestly.

Gideon repeatedly assures me that it will not happen again. I trust him.
So here I am minding my own business compiling the documents in floor 9 when line in this room ring.

That phone only ring once when Gideon calls me almost a year ago and now is the 2nd time I hear that line ring.

Mark answered the phone and I can only hear some murmur.

"Baby girl!" Mark shouted.

Huh? There is a baby in our room?! Oh my! Who's baby is it? It is not Mark and Eric's baby. They don't have the right parts that is needed to produce one. Maybe an offspring of another employee?

From curiosity I walk out of the printing area and goes to where the phone is located.

I saw Mark holding the phone away from his ear looking at me as if he is expecting me to walk in front of him.

I gaze around the room and I see no one.
"Where is the baby Girl?" I ask loudly.

I heard Mark sigh in exasperation.

"You are." He answered back.

O-ookaay. People are weird. Why would I be the baby girl when I am almost 23y/o?

"Phone is for you. It's Scott."

For me? Scott?

I look at the time and Thank God it is a digital clock and it is almost 10am. What does Scott wants?

If you already recieve the call Ella your question will be answered dumbass.

This is not the time to argue with my conscience.

I place the phone in my ear and a frantic Scott answered.

"Ella? "

"Yeah?"

"Can you please come in the boss office like right now?"

"Uh why?"

"Bossman is blazing mad right now and I don't know what to do. I am afraid he will flung someone out of the building through the glass window."

"Why would he be mad? He is the calmest person I know."

I heard a snort from the other line.

"Just just come here okay?"

"Bu-but What will I do? I don't know how to calm him! He might not want me to go there."

"No he will not. Please? For the sake of our lives here?"

"Alright. If I die I will haunt you 24/7 Scott remember that."

"Impossible!"
He drop the call.

I can't understand why am I the one he thought can calm Gideon of all people? What if I am the one who will be flung right out of the window.

I shudder just thinking falling out to my death 80 floors up. Not a pretty sight at all.