Chapter XLIX

She didn't realise that the Manor could hold such a basement like this. It was large and cold, dark and damp. The large corridor connected every different room together. But, it was clear where The Captain was taking her. They passed all the nice rooms and they were heading towards the darker ones.

The prision cell was a hollow cube of cobble, one way in, no windows. In there it was impossibble to have any idea to how much time had passed or even if it was night or day. It was totally disorientating by design. Given enough time a person could forget their own name in here. The isolation was total and stimulation was zero. No sound, no light, no furniture. Just a small cloth that lay in the corner of the room surrounded by solid walls and a barred gate. It was all an inmate could do to feel the cool walls, but even they were smooth.

There were more of these rooms near by but they were already full. They held the men that she had fought with a few moments ago. They were still unconscious, locked in cuffs like she was.

Kuvira huffed as she was pushed forward again.
"Alright in you go." Lin demanded as she shoved the assassin inside the cell. The Captain pulled the metal gate shut and locked it, plopping the keys back into her pocket when she was done.

"Wait. Aren't you going to take these off?" Kuvira asked as she slithered her cuffed wrists through the bars.

"No." Lin said and stood at attention opposite the cell.

Kuvira rolled her eyes.
"I'm in a cell Captain. There's nothing I can do in here. These are uncomfortable."

"What you can do is keep your mouth shut until Hiroshi gets here." Lin spat as she glanced over to the other convicts in their cells. She had no idea what they were planning, what Kuvira was planning, but she was sure as hell that they weren't going to be successful.

Kuvira sighed and slid her back down the cobble wall, sitting ontop of the cloth as she pulled her knees close to her chest. This was the Captain that she almost killed at the warehouse. The one that Korra saved... she must be important.
"Where are you keeping Korra?"

"I said to stay quiet." Lin answered.

Well, if the Captain wasn't going to tell her then Kuvira had to force it out. She needed to know.
"Is she safe?"

The Captain lost her patience. She stepped forward and glared at the assassin that was sitting on the floor.
"Not another word out of you assassin."

"I'll shut up once you tell me that Korra is safe." Kuvira said, locking eyes with the Captain.

Lin clenched her jaw and inhaled a deep breath.
"Your questions will be answered once Hiroshi arrives."

"Why can't you tell me?" Kuvira asked, trying to stop herself from smirking. She could see that the Captain was getting frustrated.

"Do you ever stop talking?"

"I won't stop until I get what I want." Kuvira replied smugly. she stood up and sauntered over to stand in front of the Captain on the other side of the bars.
"So, is Korra safe.. or not?"

Lin sneered at the valorous woman through the bars. She wanted to pulled her up close so her face would squish against the metal for being so rude, so rock-ribbed. But she kept her cool.
"Take a step back and be quiet." She said and positioned herself against the wall where she was before.

Kuvira still stood up at the gate, watching the Captain's every move. She was impressed, she thought the Captain would've snapped by now. Perhaps she needed to try a little harder. Kuvira pointed to the pistol that was clipped to the Captain's side.
"That's an impressive make by the way. Who forges your weapons here?"